Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Swimming. Did they make it harder to do recently?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Some of the best swimmers I knew in recon were black guys. THE best swimmer I knew in the military was a black SEAL. He was like Michael Phelps. Couldn't shoot worth shit, though.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    That was great! I have never seen that! It makes me want to do it all over again, except for the getting up early and painful parts.

Jim Capers (black dude) is a legend in the community, as was Robert 'the gentle giant' Hughes (Hughes was a prolific swimmer and combat diver). These guys are there for sure.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I learned to swim in grammar school. By age 14 I was a self taught scuba diver. Finally quit scuba at 70 because of health issues. Went through Navy survival swimming to become an aircrewman. I have always been comfortable in the water. I miss scuba diving, as soon as my head was underwater I felt really relaxed and calm, almost euphoric. It is as close to being weightless you can get on earth. I still have all my equipment, can't get myself to part with it, it was part of my life for so many years.

DSC01379 (Small).JPG

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    That was great! I have never seen that! It makes me want to do it all over again, except for the getting up early and painful parts.

Jim Capers (black dude) is a legend in the community, as was Robert 'the gentle giant' Hughes (Hughes was a prolific swimmer and combat diver). These guys are there for sure.
    Simply badass...
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Simply badass...
    He bit out the throat of the NVA swimmer, and had to confirmed underwater kills. Damn.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There was a pool at the school I went to and we were required to be in the pool for gym class for a few years in middle school or high school, I hated it as my eyesight was horrible so I could never see when in the pool. Never really learned how to swim, I can do it a little bit but I have no form and tire myself out quickly. My little boy however is in the pool four to five days a week at his preschool, he swam all last spring, summer and fall, and is doing it again this year and will do so next year as well at least until he starts kindergarten. I do know how to use BDUs to make personal flotation devices though, spent a day at Fort Indian Town Gap in a pond learning that skill.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I learned to swim in grammar school. By age 14 I was a self taught scuba diver. Finally quit scuba at 70 because of health issues. Went through Navy survival swimming to become an aircrewman. I have always been comfortable in the water. I miss scuba diving, as soon as my head was underwater I felt really relaxed and calm, almost euphoric. It is as close to being weightless you can get on earth. I still have all my equipment, can't get myself to part with it, it was part of my life for so many years.

DSC01379 (Small).JPG
    Well done Big Fella.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234