Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok dumb question on 762x39

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ok dumb question on 762x39

Try to look over my stupidity for a bit while i play catch up on 7.62x39 ballistics. My rifle is the rifle also used by our church security team so anytime i change the optic i have to be able to tell the other guys where to hold. So kinda learning the trajectories on the run.
    With a crosshair tactical scope on a waser , cutting one ragged hole at 25 yrds with 124 gr ammo will that bullet hold a paper plate size group at 100 yrds assuming the guy behind the rifle is doing his part?

I don't have ready access to 100 yrd range right now.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Is this satire?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BringMeTheHorizon View Post
    Is this satire?
    One would hope but you never know.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Why the hell do you use a crosshair tactical scope on an AK? Particularly when your intended purpose is close range?

The shooter has more to say about what that gun will do at 100 that just simply asking if the clover leaf you shoot at 25 translates.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Why the hell do you use a crosshair tactical scope on an AK? Particularly when your intended purpose is close range?

The shooter has more to say about what that gun will do at 100 that just simply asking if the clover leaf you shoot at 25 translates.
    To answer OP's questions...from my limited experience....I resurrected a bubba'd out SKS a few months ago. Installed the factory stock and the 10 round fixed mag. I was able to group about 3.5" @ 100 yards with cheap steel cased ammo. My first Commie gun. Irons. The fella I bought it from said it was terribly inaccurate. I bought a $15 front sight adjustment tool; go figure.

Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 07-05-22 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by settingsuns View Post
    With a crosshair tactical scope on a waser , cutting one ragged hole at 25 yrds with 124 gr ammo will that bullet hold a paper plate size group at 100 yrds assuming the guy behind the rifle is doing his part?

I don't have ready access to 100 yrd range right now.
    The simple answer is yes. You should be able to get 4-ish MOA groups.
    If you’re zeroed POA/POI @ 25yds, you’ll be about 3” high at 100yds
    Last edited by kerplode; 07-05-22 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Hmmm, seems like a legit AR General Discussion topic.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by settingsuns View Post
    My rifle is the rifle also used by our church security team so anytime i change the optic i have to be able to tell the other guys where to hold.

Local church that I considered attending here was not cool with me bringing my Dobermans with me.

Plan to try out the jehova witness church and see if they are cool with it but pretty sure they are not going to allow it either.

My dogs are black and those people have a definite raycist bend to them when it comes to black DOGS...

If they are cool with me bringing my rifle I am cool with leaving the girls at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Why the hell do you use a crosshair tactical scope on an AK?
    oops, I read again and got it now.
    Last edited by DG23; 07-05-22 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If the rifle is delivering sub 1/3" groups at 25 yards, then with the same scope, it should easily produce sub 4" groups at 100 yards.

The same should be true when using irons, which would make more sense to me.
    Last edited by grizzman; 07-05-22 at 23:10.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast