Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK MR762A1 + LMT MWS ... or ditch one and standardize?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

HK MR762A1 + LMT MWS ... or ditch one and standardize?

I simply cannot decide if I should keep both of my 308 AR formats (HK MR762A1 and LMT MWS) or if I should standardize with one format.

Is it dumb to have two types of 308 AR with different proprietary parts and magazines?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

HK MR762A1 + LMT MWS ... or ditch one and standardize?

I and I am sure others, have far more than two 762 rifles.

So no, it isn’t dumb to have two. Keep them both or regret selling one.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 07-06-22 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Unless you’re hurting for cash I would keep them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You're both reinforcing my inclination to not overthink this and just keep what I have.

Feedback Score
    The firearms I have sold and wish I hadn't, far outnumber the ones I wish I hadn't bought. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    The firearms I have sold and wish I hadn't, far outnumber the ones I wish I hadn't bought. Just my .02
    There aren't too many that I have sold that I regret. The only guns I regret have been super rare and unique items like a Sterling Mk6 with bayonet lug.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Every time I've done the large-frame semi auto thing (2x KACS, 2x HK's, 1x LMT, 1x SCAR), I always come back to the same conclusion:

"This thing is too cumbersome and expensive when 99/100 I'm going to reach for the bolt gun or SPR instead".
    Thus, having 2x in 308 config mystifies me.

I held onto my LMT MWS the longest, and that is largely because of the 6.5CM barrel that shot "cheap" 6.5CM reasonably well.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 07-07-22 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Both of those rifles are cool as hell. Keep them both. I can't imagine a situation where I would be like "damn, I have both of these awesome battle rifles."

Do not fall for the "standardization" mind trap. It will just end up with you buying a bunch of new guns long term. I've been there!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You talking about doing shit you might regret. You better need groceries if you sell one of those.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you a collector? If so there is nothing wrong with keeping whatever useless or redundant guns you like just because you like them.

I can’t imagine much real need for one much less two at the same time, unless you are equipping family/neighborhood in an end of the world situation. If so then a half a dozen 5.56 AR15s makes more sense than two of either 7.62 rifles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast