Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK MR762A1 + LMT MWS ... or ditch one and standardize?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I'm going to keep what I have.

Todd.K I'm not a collector, but have owned ARs continuously since 1984 so having something different (like the LMT and MR762A1) is a nice change of pace.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post

Todd.K I'm not a collector, but have owned ARs continuously since 1984 so having something different (like the LMT and MR762A1) is a nice change of pace.
    Arch, well done.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Good call Sir.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with having different stuff just because you want to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You already made your decision but generally speak, if you like the rifle and you enjoy shooting it, keep it. I have a couple MWS's, and SR25, and just sold my Scar 17. The scar was not a bad weapon, just was sort of redundant and outside of folding really didnt do anything for me. As dumb as they are, I would like to get a shorter M1A as just a retro iron sight blaster.

Feedback Score
    I only have 1 MWS but if someone gave me another .308 AR for free….I would keep it as it costs nothing to sit in my safe. I won’t be buying another though just so I have 2. I have 3 total uppers for the MWS so I think I am covered.

Feedback Score
    If you like them, keep them! If they work, use them!

A message from Crackheads Like Us ;-)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree with with all of the sage and sound advise given here.

The guns I have sold (and there has been a lot of them) have generally been sold because I didn't like them (for one reason or another) or found an option that I liked better. Often "liked better" meant I perceived the replacement as 'doing something better' than the gun it replaced. My LMTs and HKs exceed my needs and expectations. I have zero interest in parting with them based upon their abilities. My quandary was related to the idea that "standardization" in some way would enhance me / my shooting / my battery of firearms. I'm just a civilian hobbyist so there isn't any real advantage to going this route and the stated disadvantages are reasons to keep what I have and stop overthinking this.

At some point I would like to add a SR25, but not until the prices drop out of orbit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Keep both. Each has its own novelty. Maybe grab a 6.5cm barrel for the MWS to make it different. As a civilian shooter, there is no real reason to standardize on one thing IMO. Variety is the spice of life. Add an SR25 and a SCAR too. Each have their merits and detractors. The KAC CC and PC come pretty close to perfection with the detractors of high price and poor availability at present.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 07-19-22 at 20:56.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I go back and forth on this as well. Sometimes I'd prefer to see myself with one gun and be an absolute ninja with it. Other times I enjoy knowing there's some variety and redundancy. Most of the time I almost sell, and then talk myself out of it. I'd keep them unless you really need to recoup some cash.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast