Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK12 - Bravo or PRI?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

MK12 - Bravo or PRI?

Want to get a Mk 12 clone.

Which would be better - a BCM made one or a PRI?

BCM: https://www.bravocompanymfg.com/spec..._moda5_fde.php

PRI: https://www.precisionreflex.com/rifl...-barrel.html#/

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The PRI has a Douglas barrel like the MK12 that was issued. So, if you were going for a clone that one would be the best choice.
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I’d go PRI, or Centurion Arms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    PRI no question

I was all aboard the BCM train back in 2012 but honestly I've moved on from them and don't really consider their parts anymore.

Feedback Score
    Of those two, PRI by a landslide.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have to agree with the above comments. There was a time where BCM ‘was the only alternative to colt for good parts’, that was 10 years ago. There parts really don’t interest me now. I have two of their over gassed barrels. And few of their rails, the rails are not the worst, but not the best either. The charging handles sucked and I’ve replaced them all with Geissele or raptors.

Idk what barrel the PRI uses but for a “MK12” the pri is closer to the real thing.

Also my impression is Monty at centurion arms gets real mk12 barrels. Maybe pri uses these too?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I have to agree with the above comments. There was a time where BCM ‘was the only alternative to colt for good parts’, that was 10 years ago. There parts really don’t interest me now. I have two of their over gassed barrels. And few of their rails, the rails are not the worst, but not the best either. The charging handles sucked and I’ve replaced them all with Geissele or raptors.

Idk what barrel the PRI uses but for a “MK12” the pri is closer to the real thing.

Also my impression is Monty at centurion arms gets real mk12 barrels. Maybe pri uses these too?
    The original CH or the newer design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah.. That's what I thought question was? Charging handle. I don't the PRI charging handle but that's just personal preference.

I'm still puzzled by this recent BCM bashing. I know there's a few trolls here that make ridiculous claims, but are there real issues or is it just the classic gun forum echo chamber?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Newer design sucks. The Vltor gunfighter one they used to have was great. You can still get them, just not through BCM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah.. That's what I thought question was? Charging handle. I don't the PRI charging handle but that's just personal preference.

I'm still puzzled by this recent BCM bashing. I know there's a few trolls here that make ridiculous claims, but are there real issues or is it just the classic gun forum echo chamber?
    Gun forum echo chamber BS in my opinion. BCM is just not the latest whiz bang, gee whiz product that all the cool kids are buying anymore. Kinda like how everybody started shitting on Larue QD mounts after saying they were the best thing since sliced bread a couple years before that. I still have my Larue QD for my T1, unmount it, toss it down range, pick it up, re mount it, still holds zero. My BCM stuff still works just as good as it ever did too. Even if a lot of people believe it's crap now. The only thing I hate from them is that new charging handle.

All that being said, I would go with the PRI just for the fact that it uses the original barrel.
    Last edited by kirkland; 08-18-22 at 10:22.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast