Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Tier1 AR15 recommendations for a first time AR purchase

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Absolutely false in my/our experience. Not that I haven't read that others have had complaints. But I guarantee every BCM we've had will shoot MOA with OTMs. We check EVERY gun we run for accuracy.
    Same experience.
    1.5 MOA groups with 14.5” BCM at 100 yds (dial in yesterday) with 77 gr OTM and 2MOA Red Dot.
    MOA with LPVO.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    LMAO. Isn't Windham the old Bushmaster?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post
    Just go with a simple Windham Arms 16 inch AR. Then use the rest for ammo, irons and possible red dot.

I always recommend novice shooters with Windam or Colt. Both great entry level firearms and the prices are solid.
    It's July 2022. Nobody should buy a Windham and there's no reason to place irons above a quality optic.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    LMAO. Isn't Windham the old Bushmaster?
    IG always called them Shrubcrappers and didn't have anything good to say about them.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    IG always called them Shrubcrappers and didn't have anything good to say about them.
    Hahahaha, that sounds like IG alright.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Purchase a rifle of quality manufacture. BCM, and SOLGW, make quality guns, and different models have different price points. Get a rifle from one of those brands that fits your price point, put a decent optic on it, buy some ammo and take some classes. I generally recommend staying away from building on your first one cause it can be hard for newer guys to differentiate quality parts kits from cheap crap that wont run.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    OP, your friend seeks a KAC SR-15. Second choices include BCM, Colt, DD, and some of the others mentioned here. But maybe not Windham.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I suspect 99.9% of the guys complaining about precision of most known well made rifles or carbines:

1.) Shooter is not capable of shooting well enough to make that evaluation.

2.) They insist on using known garbage ammo that doesn’t perform well in anything. Somehow they think an expensive gun will magically make Winchester white box XM193 shoot MOA….

3.) They don’t have a real bench rest or rear bag, or other stability aid.

4.) They are trying to evaluate accuracy potential using inappropriate sighting equipment for precision testing.

5.) They have wildly unrealistic expectations of the equipment. For example expecting a gun made for duty use to shoot like a Camp Perry DCM rifle, yet still be lightweight and super reliable.

6.) All of the above.
    So much this.

I’m guilty of #3 and #4, because I’m generally happy with 2-2.5 moa. Because the targets I shoot at 500 are generally around 3.5moa, I shoot mediocre (but not garbage) ammo, and I’m using a 4x. I also don’t do #3 and #4 and then go whining on the internet.

Comparing groups on the internet frequently lead to #5. Especially when the poster doesn’t mention sample size. #2 never ceases to amaze me, especially the guys that say “M193” or “M855” and really mean a commercial lookalike and don’t acknowledge it. #1 should be no surprise.

Good post.

Outlander. Dudebro. C’mon man. Do better.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Shit for shit.. I guess.
    Why must any disagreement quickly turn into an insult?

Especially when the person insulted is a helpful (helped me at least twice) and easy going??
    Last edited by Dan_B; 07-26-22 at 15:08. Reason: Typo
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Same experience.
    1.5 MOA groups with 14.5” BCM at 100 yds (dial in yesterday) with 77 gr OTM and 2MOA Red Dot.
    MOA with LPVO.
    Agreed; on demand. I run my BCM upper on on lower I had Rainer Arms built for me and it’s a solid shooter.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
    Why must any disagreement quickly turn into an insult?

Especially when the person insulted is a helpful (helped me at least twice) and easy going??
    Posting on the internet "Wingham over a DPMS" is "Shit for shit.. I guess" is insulting someone? Sounds like someone should go find a safe place or grow a little skin.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast