Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier1 AR15 recommendations for a first time AR purchase

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I’m starting to think I bought a Unicorn G rifle. Mine is stupid accurate and gassed to perfection. I saw threads on Snipershide and one member pm’d me his troubles with his barrel being out of speck. It’s sad because G is known to be a spot on mfg. in all other endeavors.

PB
    I bought one in November and my experience mirrors yours.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Tier1 AR15 recommendations for a first time AR purchase

Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I bought one in November and my experience mirrors yours.
    I assume the majority of their guns are great but there seems to be a significant minority having issues at the moment. Definitely a bummer because I’ve been watching The G SDs for years and finally gave in just to be disappointed.

To their credit, they seem to be responsive to the market. The black oxide barrels didn’t last too long really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    I would suggest sionics, BCM, colt and SOLGW.

Cheers, Steve
    Add in Centurion Arms and you have the same line of horses in my stable, all five run like hell and I see no reason to expand.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Add in Centurion Arms and you have the same line of horses in my stable, all five run like hell and I see no reason to expand.
    Another vote for Centurion Arms. Very well made, great barrels, and a wonderful company to do business with!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    "Top shelf" is going to be a KAC.
    If I were to make an "upgrade" to my gas guns it would be a KAC or LMT 308/6.5CM.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That 6960 or a BCM MCMR ELWF would be choices for me. Keep it simple. Leave a bunch of money for mags, ammo, sling, and optic.
    If you get the 6960 instead of a BCM, used the saved cash to get a nicer trigger, or even BCM’s PNT trigger.
    And that rarest of all, training...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    This is the answer. All of those options are good. If I had to pick one, it'd probably be Centurion due to their barrels.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    This is the answer. All of those options are good. If I had to pick one, it'd probably be Centurion due to their barrels.
    What makes their barrels stand out so much? I'd like to read up on that more.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    And that rarest of all, training...
    ^^^This. I watched my neighbor over the 4th who has had an AR for well over 5 years block the ejection port with the side of a barricade and cause a failure to eject.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    ^^^This. I watched my neighbor over the 4th who has had an AR for well over 5 years block the ejection port with the side of a barricade and cause a failure to eject.
    That's not a training issue... that's a brain cell issue. Kinda like shooting your cover because the sights are over the bore line. Just dumb.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast