Thread: Sig Romeo5 Issue

Feedback Score

Sig Romeo5 Issue

FYI in case any of you run into a similar issue.

I was shooting my AR9 last night and the Sig Romeo5 on it turned off and wouldn’t come back on. I assumed a dead battery, replaced it, confirmed the dot was on and raised it to fire. Dead dot. I tried reinstalling batteries a few times and got the same thing; the dot was on after I reinstalled the battery, but dead when I made ready to fire.

After I got home I started looking over the sight, cleaned the contacts, etc. and noticed the brass colored ring the battery sits in had backed out a little and was not making good contact. I’ve tightened it down again and the sight seems to be working fine. I’ll keep an eye on it a check it periodically in the future.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It backed out under normal use? Or when you swapped batreeze?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have had good luck in the past with my R5 optics. But there handgun optics I had mucho similar problems with a couple and won't run them if they start acting up. Good luck on your rig to fix it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It backed out under normal use? Or when you swapped batreeze?
    My impression is that it backed out under use. It doesn’t appear there is any loctite or anything keeping it in place, just friction. I was thinking of adding a small amount of loctite but need to be careful as it’s part of the electrical connection.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have had good luck in the past with my R5 optics. PB
    I have as well. This is good information on something to watch for on them.

Sounds easy enough to fix.