Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surging Energy Costs Forcing US Companies to Scale Back Operations

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, small update, I talked to my dad and he doesn't think this will really impact them all that much. Apparently, they have their contract for the year to get their aluminum logs from Dubai, and that's been their main source for many years. The lack of competition might drive up the price for the next contract, or possibly push more business their way (because their competition can't get the material they need) but otherwise, this shouldn't impact them.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Business being business. Farming here is business and I used to know and work for a lot of small Farmers.
    Now it's been decades since I've done that work, but I remember some dark times when Jimmy Carter was POTUS and oil was crazy high.
    These guys took out loans harvested at a loss and some of them took ten years to pay it back or just sold out to bigger farms
    You wait, shits going to rot in the fields rather than this generation of Farmers taking it up their third point of contact to keep Farming.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know our costs for stock, primarily mild steel, aluminum and titanium have sky rocketed and lead times to get it delivered has gotten longer and longer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Business being business. Farming here is business and I used to know and work for a lot of small Farmers.
    Now it's been decades since I've done that work, but I remember some dark times when Jimmy Carter was POTUS and oil was crazy high.
    These guys took out loans harvested at a loss and some of them took ten years to pay it back or just sold out to bigger farms
    You wait, shits going to rot in the fields rather than this generation of Farmers taking it up their third point of contact to keep Farming.
    I’ve noticed that several small farms in SC switched to wheat this year. I’ve never seen wheat there before.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm just saying alot of young Farmers saw their Dads take a real beating trying to keep those family farms in the Family.
    I don't think you'll see that level of sacrifice again. I can remember sitting down with a friend's Dad who was a forth generation Farmer and he was nearly in tears when he had to sell out, move and go find a factory job.
    You're not going to see that this time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12