Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Just sometimes WTF ???

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    All these theories are interesting but this shift is way too much to make any sense of it. The other crazy thing is the FN SPR 308 bolt was back to zero as well. I didn't adjust the bolt gun turret and it went back to zero. As I said before, God only knows. Next time I won't adjust a turret. The Super Duty went right back as well. See the pic below for our opposite group. High and left.

And we had 6.5CM bolt guns that and AR10's that never shifted last week or this one, which fcks up most logical theories

We have had some shifts in the past but this one takes the cake. After adjusting the turret last week from low right to high left.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-17-22 at 15:04.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Voodoo
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Voodoo
    I'm telling you! Barrels are like children. They have their own personalities.

I have a 14.5 middy Sabre Defense that spins 55gr Hornady soft points apart! I've never figured out why. It took a while to figure out what was happening... Finally put some paper a like 10 yards and saw the fragment pattern.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I think all the factors have been mentioned, and when you total them up, it's ridiculous how many factors affect zero. In my experience, the most likely culprits are: inconsistent focal plane (sight/reticle vs target), inconsistent shot follow-through, light level at the target or sight, shooter position, rifle support, and ammunition or weather change on a finely-gassed gun.

I learned this the hard way from the rifle that exacerbates all of the above more than most: the FAL. Weather especially plays a significant role in FAL use, as you need consistent self-loading function to get consistent accuracy. FALs are rarely better than 3 MOA guns anyway, but enforced consistency was the difference between 3 MOA and 6 MOA.
    Last edited by Danus ex; 07-24-22 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It'll be interesting to see if this gun ever repeats this.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm telling you! Barrels are like children. They have their own personalities.

I have a 14.5 middy Sabre Defense that spins 55gr Hornady soft points apart! I've never figured out why. It took a while to figure out what was happening... Finally put some paper a like 10 yards and saw the fragment pattern.
    Wow, that's interesting. Did you ever try using a cleaning rod to measure the barrel twist? Doesn't seem like that should be happening with a 1 in 7.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Wow, that's interesting. Did you ever try using a cleaning rod to measure the barrel twist? Doesn't seem like that should be happening with a 1 in 7.
    I could never get the cleaning rod method to work for me. Maybe I need a jag or something. I should pull that barrel out and retest it again.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Perhaps you and PB slipped into an alternate dimension, and the back again Mark.

Makes one doubt, or reconsider, taking that one in a million tight shot though.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678