Thread: Bullseye long range camera system

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Bullseye long range camera system

Wasn’t sure where to stick this, but I figured this is the group most likely to own one of any.

Anyone else rather make the long walk twice rather than several times and get all pumped up on the walk. I know I need to move around more, but when one wakes up before daylight and it is already 90deg and 95% humidity, the walk to check a target kills the desire to go shoot.

I see these new for $6-700 and I have an opportunity to purchase a used one at $350. If you have one, how well does it work? Range? Battery life? Well built?

I remember reading about them years ago, but search didn’t pull anything for me.

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I used to be a dealer for them. I think in the 2 years I was I sold maybe 3 units.

I still have one of their 300 yard systems that I've never used. Hell the tablet it came with has never been plugged in lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The guys that shoot the local F-Class matches use them a lot. When I was looking to join a couple years ago they highly recommended it. Ive never actually used it though.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    I used to be a dealer for them. I think in the 2 years I was I sold maybe 3 units.
    It's a pretty niche item. I mean... most guys don't have access to a large enough area where you'd be able to put this to use. I remember being interested in the system though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the exercise. If I did use it, it would be for completion because I would want the advantage of not feeling winded before shooting.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I watched a video to catch up to speed, but I dont see the angle. So what does it do? We have 10 steel targets, can you adjust the camera to different targets ? Or is it juts for one target at a time. If so, I fail to see the benefit but I would like to understand what temps you to buy it? I'm all about new cool shit to use on the range.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    ms gamboolgal and I live up North of Houston in The Woodlands.

I have been looking at High Quality Spotting Scopes for years and then I cam across the Long Shot System.

So we drove down to their Shop where they build them and spent a couple of hours visiting and looking at all of the equipment.

I just bought one and am getting ready to go out and try it soon for sitting in several Pistols, SBR's and 308's.

Will try to post back first impressions.

I spent less than 10% of what I was looking to spend on a good Spotting Scope.

Still looking at the Spotting Scopes....

gamboolman...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    I like the exercise. If I did use it, it would be for completion because I would want the advantage of not feeling winded before shooting.
    Shit. I used to handcart our steel out to 500, 750, and 1000 yards every weekend... with my m4 slung over my back. Now that sucked.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I watched a video to catch up to speed, but I dont see the angle. So what does it do? We have 10 steel targets, can you adjust the camera to different targets ? Or is it juts for one target at a time. If so, I fail to see the benefit but I would like to understand what temps you to buy it? I'm all about new cool shit to use on the range.

PB
    Appeal was for punching paper where you don’t get a report from steel. I was shooting 600yd at my buddies hunting camp and we were on a utility line. We are on hill 1, goes down and up… hill 2, goes down and up… hill 3, down and up hill 4 where target is and hill 4 is level with hill 1. Hill 5 and woods is the backstop. It is crazy because we were shooting the M99 but club rules state you can’t leave the road with your 4wheeler during Turkey season. We were shooting during Turkey season….

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We use the SME long range weekly out to 1998 yards been using almost 3 years. Really outstanding once you get the hang of setting up your app/ipad. When you get your image setup just make sure you choose 'live video' b/f recording or the image will be jerky with 'hiccups' or delay. We don't even use the video recording any longer and at that distance you can self spot. Squeeze, follow through and look over at ipad and watch impact. FYI make sure you buy the 30 buck no fault replacement warranty no reason not to