Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do suppressor covers damage suppressors?

Feedback Score
    It’s interesting some of you saying Magpul covers when they are some of the worst on the market. Lol

I have used Libertys Defense and Coletac and they are the best on the market. Far superior to the Magpul in every way. That’s no joke either.

The down side is the price. Libertys Defense is almost $300 and the Coletac is about $100ish.

I wouldn’t consider a Magpul anything aside from pro sights and mags and that’s with over 20 years military and Leo experience.
    Ar15.com is for teens & liberals
    Calguns.net is for old men & liberals
    👍😂

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Do suppressor covers damage suppressors?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post
    It’s interesting some of you saying Magpul covers when they are some of the worst on the market. Lol

I have used Libertys Defense and Coletac and they are the best on the market. Far superior to the Magpul in every way. That’s no joke either.

The down side is the price. Libertys Defense is almost $300 and the Coletac is about $100ish.

I wouldn’t consider a Magpul anything aside from pro sights and mags and that’s with over 20 years military and Leo experience.
    Well you also recommended Windham so let’s hear the reasons why.

Also, everyone here knows that no amount of time in MIL or LE necessitates actually knowing anything about guns or being proficient with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 07-21-22 at 19:55.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Assuming a full auto rated can, you're not going to get it hot enough during semi auto to damage it wheather covered or not. Lock the bolt back when you top off mags, check targets, etc. if you're worried.

Maybe if you're using a titanium can designed for hunting on a 7.5" barrel with a binary trigger and drum mags there would be something to worry about.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Also, everyone here knows that no amount of time in MIL or LE necessitates actually knowing anything about guns or being proficient with them.

He called your mama a bitch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Does anyone successfully use a cover to reduce signature reduction under i2 devices?
    I could definitely see the glow on naked suppressors, while mine covered by a Warsport Suppressor Sock was still totally dark, when we ran The Scrambler at a Pressburg/Blowers NODs class. That being said, the glow was relatively faint, it was noticeable only because I was standing only a few feet away from the other shooters; we shot enough that I was able to finally toast my Suppressor Sock, hence my switch to the Liberty Defense cover on a few of my rifles (still running the Socks that aren't burnt up yet).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post

I'm curious as to what bad experiences you've had with Magpul products besides their pro sights and mags. Could you expound a bit, please?

Been using their stocks, grips, slings, sling attachments, mags, pro sights, and a single SL mid-length handguard for years, and I've not had a single issue. Though I'll certainly admit that not all their stuff is "Tier 1," they certainly seem to at least meet milspec quality and often significantly exceed it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Yeah, the reason I’ve been quiet in this thread (until now) is that in 18 years of .mil and LE SRT experience, with cans issued, I’ve never even seen a cover on a fighting gun, and can’t name the very few I’ve seen on precision guns. Doesn’t mean they’re not around, just that I don’t have any knowledge on them.

A lot of Rangers have gotten corn-cob pattern burns at some point.

5B01B77D-2DCB-41D7-BC64-DD37AA3F0001.jpeg

Edit: just this moment, at 1346 on 07SEP2022, I saw a suppressor cover walk by on a Mk18. Lets see if it becomes a trend.
    Last edited by 1168; 09-07-22 at 05:49. Reason: Update

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Is that the NT4 brand? Wish I got branded.

PB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It is.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yeah, the reason I’ve been quiet in this thread (until now) is that in 18 years of .mil and LE SRT experience, with cans issued, I’ve never even seen a cover on a fighting gun, and can’t name the very few I’ve seen on precision guns. Doesn’t mean they’re not around, just that I don’t have any knowledge on them.

I’m still wet from seeing this meme 10 hours ago.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast