Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A million and a half plate carriers...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

A million and a half plate carriers...

https://www.ar500armor.com/testudo-gen-2.html

https://www.optactical.com/vesyliweplca.html

Not my profession. Want to have and use in case. Comments?

(I like the features of the Testudo but not sure the shoulder harness would be a problem with my neck, etc.)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For $19 difference, the Velocity Systems all day long.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If those two are your only choices the Velocity. Good luck dealing with Optactical.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They did answer an email promptly. I'm guessing that my frame needs large plates and carrier - I'm 6 ft ish, over 200 LBS, wear a 44 jacket, and my upper body is more in line with a larger frame - short legs.

Wonder why Velocity doesn't have this model on their regular site - there is one decent video on it, and its not a brand new model.

The lighter weight seems right - yet it has decent features - but this is the only place that has it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    If those two are your only choices the Velocity. Good luck dealing with Optactical.
    OPTactical's older warehouse was only a few miles from my house. They didn't have a real storefront then, but locals could pick their stuff up. They have since moved into an actual storefront a few miles further away. It's between a DMV and pet store in a strip now. It's a pretty open area inside, and every time I am in there you see employees constantly pulling stuff for orders. I'm not sure what their online traffic is, but they seem to stay pretty busy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sizing Plate Carriers:

Usually size (S,M,L) refers to the size of the plate the carrier was made for and NOT the actual size of the wearer. When buying a plate carrier it is SUPER critical you double check that your carrier will fit the plates you have. Most carriers have a ton of adjustment in the shoulders and cummerbund. Typically a super slim person has a harder time fitting a carrier than a husky one.

About OpTac:

Honestly I might be pushing old knowledge. Maybe they have cleaned up their business practices, but years ago they where famous for showing items in stock, letting you place an order and hit your CC and then not ship for months. I had a friend try and buy a combat shirt from them and he would have gotten a can faster. Because of this I generally avoid them, but truly hope they have changed.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    For $19 difference, the Velocity Systems all day long.
    This.
    Even if it was a $100 difference.

Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Wonder why Velocity doesn't have this model on their regular site - there is one decent video on it, and its not a brand new model.

The lighter weight seems right - yet it has decent features - but this is the only place that has it.
    Because, as stated in the title it is an Optac Exclusive item. You won't see it on the VS website, or anywhere else.

As far as their service- they should be GTG now.
    I have bought.... a LOT of stuff from them since 2014-ish. No issues. Also did a couple returns that worked well too. Well, okay, except for the fact that they never seem to have more than 2 of anything in stock, so if you need more than that, you gotta find another place to order the rest, or if someone got one before you and you needed 2, well...
    The thing Burglar mentioned about the Crye shirts - I *think* I vaguely remember that kerfluffle from a few years back and IIRC, it was partially also a Crye thing- Crye has also had some...'issues' with lead times in the past, and there was a time several years back where there was a sudden boom in demand for the combat shirts, lead times were nuts, and they were real hard to get at all, anywhere. Direct from Crye was ironically the best bet. The resale market got...insane. Some people just GOTTA larp.
    IF I'm remembering the event correctly. If it was before 2015/16, then I'm off.

Of course, this is my sample of one, but OPtac has been GTG for me.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ordered the s/med based on really not wanting over 12 inch long plates up front. I need to move too. We’ll see. Can’t complain with $5 shipping.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Given that they are 30 minutes from me I should order from them over some other places I get my shit. One member here has an inside connection there, knows the owner. Their walk in store is closed but you can pick up curbside. Maybe I will meander over when they open up the store again.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

A million and a half plate carriers...

I’ve ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from OPT over many years, probably a decade or so. Never had an issue although they don’t send you tracking from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast