Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A million and a half plate carriers...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My order shipped with tracking.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    My order shipped with tracking.
    Nice, it’s been quite some time since I ordered from them and the one that stuck out in my mind was probably 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have purchased quite a few things over the past few years and their service and products ( to include shipping and C/S ) have been GREAT..!!

I actually had to exchange one of those PC for smaller size and had no issues with exchange or C/S.. that's my experience YMMV

I like the products they offer and will continue to do business with them.

Feedback Score
    I gather these are utilized mostly for LE/.mil ? I've seen guys wear these in training classes, but as 'joe citizen' who enjoys shooting, never really considered having these. I just throw rifle mags in back pockets and go play.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Nice, it’s been quite some time since I ordered from them and the one that stuck out in my mind was probably 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably because theyre still using the yahoo webstore from the dot.com days.

Chris at OPtac is one of my go to vendors when I need some specific piece of gear. Seems that they teamed up with Perroz Designs and started selling their carriers. Perroz stuff is top notch and well above anything like Velocity.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-04-22 at 07:46.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    I gather these are utilized mostly for LE/.mil ? I've seen guys wear these in training classes, but as 'joe citizen' who enjoys shooting, never really considered having these. I just throw rifle mags in back pockets and go play.
    So I would agree that 90% of the time that is also what I do, in fact I haven't even worn a belt in a class in the last 4 years, but I find that I use PC for 2 to 3 reasons. 1, working out, I have done several crossfit type classes and workouts where wearing a PC just gives me that extra level of effort. 2, I have also taken CQB (home defense) courses that have mandated them. I have taken classes with live ammo where I'm supposed to be the only person with live ammo but we are in the rafters auditing other students we are all wearing them as just that extra level of safety precaution. 3, if some sort of world event does kick off, now we even if this is a less than 5 percent chance (and I would argue that it seems to be) but I would rather train to the extreme than run into the want v. need scenario. If I'm completely honest the highest chance of me being in danger would be a CCW scenario and I would say that 80% of my training is in pistol, but I also appreciate being hot sweaty and comfortable with being uncomfortable and I would argue that a plate carrier could aid in that.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    I gather these are utilized mostly for LE/.mil ? I've seen guys wear these in training classes, but as 'joe citizen' who enjoys shooting, never really considered having these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    So I would agree that 90% of the time that is also what I do...

If I'm completely honest the highest chance of me being in danger would be a CCW scenario and I would say that 80% of my training is in pistol.

I went down this rabbithole a couple years ago:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ave-body-armor

I wound up buying a Beez BALCS carrier ($220) with IIIA BALCS panels ($300, Midwest) and steel plates ($130, Downrange).

My 2¢:

1. I can't see buying just a plate carrier when you can have a BALCS carrier for about the same money. The coverage of BALCS panels is sooo much better, and I figure that I'm far more likely to be shot at with a pistol or shotgun than a rifle.

2. With the BALCS panels, my vest is only 7-8lbs. It's all-day comfortable.

3. The steel plates are heavy, like an extra 20-25lbs. (I did weigh them, but now forget what they weighed.) They would be fine if I were mostly stationary, but the weight is really noticeable if I'm moving around.

4. I'm 6'0" and 185lbs. After mocking up various cardboard plates, I went "large" and I'm glad I did.
    Last edited by Bimmer; 11-16-22 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    If those two are your only choices the Velocity. Good luck dealing with Optactical.
    ive never had an issue with them, I find they're a great company to deal with, infact most of my roland build came from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12