Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best BCG Coating?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Best BCG Coating?

I don’t like the phosphate BCG in my 6933 that’s 100% suppressed. It gets gummed up and slows down very easily. 200 rounds into a range session I can feel it. Is there a coating out there that doesn’t have any compromises? I considered NiB, but the internet says it’s a no-go now.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nib is complete shit. The most worthless gun part finish ever.

The only other finish (besides Phosphate) that's worth a look is NP3. Really, in my opinion, Phosphate with froglube works beautifully. But NP3 is slicker, and still holds lube pretty good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I don’t like the phosphate BCG in my 6933 that’s 100% suppressed. It gets gummed up and slows down very easily. 200 rounds into a range session I can feel it. Is there a coating out there that doesn’t have any compromises? I considered NiB, but the internet says it’s a no-go now.
    Suppressed 6933 owner here. Since it's 100% suppressed, you should stick with the phosphate Colt BCG and get a BRT EZTune suppressed gas tube. It will smooth it out and the internals won't get gunked up as quickly.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a couple SIONICS Np3 BCGs, everything else is phosphate from Colt, BCM or SOLGW. Stay from NiB, Failsafe BS, etc.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Stay from NiB, Failsafe BS, etc.
    Oh yeah. I have a fail safe carrier. Worthless... won't hold lube for shit.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I’ll second the Sionics NP3 for suppressed. Runs filthy and so easy to clean.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sionics NP3 on my suppressed upper. I also have a Cryptic Coatings mystic black on a to-be-suppressed upper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sionics NP3.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I’ve not had any issues with NiB.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I’ve not had any issues with NiB.

YMMV
    Same. I've got a single NiB BCG, in a 308 no less. Been fine in a couple thousand rounds, which isn't really all that many admittedly. It's discolored, of course, but it's certain still plenty smooth. Wouldn't buy another though, and certainly not one for a standard AR, just based on overall reputation.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast