Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best BCG Coating?

Feedback Score
    Hard chrome or Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black. The latter is more expensive than the former.

As far as the Geissele nano coating is concerned, when I shot my GSD for zero it did clean up pretty easily, even the infamous bolt tail. Maybe there's something to the DLC-ish coatings?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet9 View Post
    I just cleaned my Geissele Super duty BCG and whatever coating they used cleaned up as good as any coating I've used. And I love my NP3 coatings. The bolt and carrier were slicking than an eels goodies. It was unique IMHO. Very impressed.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just cleaned my Geissele Super duty BCG and whatever coating they used cleaned up as good as any coating I've used. And I love my NP3 coatings. The bolt and carrier were slicking than an eels goodies. It was unique IMHO. Very impressed.
    It is called "Nano Coating", which I believe is a form of DLC.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IALoder View Post
    The RCA "black nitride" BCG I have in my 6mm ARC cleans up super easy, and it is a very dirty running rifle. My RTB polished nitride BCG also cleans up very easily, both pretty much just wipe off.
    +2 on this. I used one of the RCA BCGs in my x39 build (which is a dirty, dirty Russian whore) and it's amazing how easy it cleans up. I've got a few thousand rounds through it and so far the coating is holding up really well. I put a few of them in 5.56 builds as well. To be fair they are not like most other nitride coatings. I am not sure what, in their process, makes it different but you can tell it when you handle them. That and if you buy direct you can spec OCKS be used for your BCG.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    It is called "Nano Coating", which I believe is a form of DLC.
    Pappabear made mention of how well the Geiselle cleaned up. When I hear "nano", I think of a sales pitch that you can't disprove. But maybe the finish is really better.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I’ve always wondered this, is Pappabear your dad?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Pappabear made mention of how well the Geiselle cleaned up. When I hear "nano", I think of a sales pitch that you can't disprove. But maybe the finish is really better.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I’ve always wondered this, is Pappabear your dad?
    No. He's a father... but not my father. We're about the same age.

(we actually met because Iraqgunz was going to work on his ARs. Turned out we lived 4 miles apart, and started shooting together.)
    Last edited by markm; 07-18-22 at 17:30.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I gave myself that name years ago because I got on a gun forum and this particular forums was riddled with some cool, some crazy military gun names. And I thought what am I, and my most valued accomplishment was just being a dad. Hence, Pappabear was born.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Thanks for the origin story, gents. I always assumed markm was your son.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Thanks for the origin story, gents. I always assumed markm was your son.
    Huh, so did I. Guess you do learn something every day after all.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast