Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Best BCG Coating?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I mean it's a known issue, which is why they recommend downloading to 28 rnds, but I've never had it happen, much less consistently. You would almost have to conclude that something somewhere is a little out of spec. One of the reason I really like Colts is they polish the feed ramps to where you don't get those hangups. I'm assuming your ramps are polished, making it even stranger...

Not all Colts get a trip to the work station containing employee / dremel monkey number 5. If I am buying one at a LGS where I can look at it and see it up close and personal before deciding - Hard pass on anything with feed ramps that have been heavily molested.

That crap is NOT needed. Just cause some cat owner with a youtube channel did a video where he molested his does NOT mean you should do that to yours OR that it is a useful, helpful or somehow 'required' thing to do for your Colt to be reliable. Give it time and that guy will have a video up on how to measure and clean your gas tube and have you convinced THAT shit is somehow 'required'.

Not the greatest pic but this Colt has zero dremel ****ery done to it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Not all Colts get a trip to the work station containing employee / dremel monkey number 5. If I am buying one at a LGS where I can look at it and see it up close and personal before deciding - Hard pass on anything with feed ramps that have been heavily molested.

That crap is NOT needed. Just cause some cat owner with a youtube channel did a video where he molested his does NOT mean you should do that to yours OR that it is a useful, helpful or somehow 'required' thing to do for your Colt to be reliable. Give it time and that guy will have a video up on how to measure and clean your gas tube and have you convinced THAT shit is somehow 'required'.

Everything I've gotten from Colt Defense has polished feedramps it seems. Luckily all mine were done very well. I've seen pics of dremel monkey's work, and all I can say is it hasn't been my experience. I have a bit of a problem when it comes to hoarding Colt rifles and uppers, so either I've gotten extremely lucky or someone was just having a bad day and the internet decided that was representative of the norm, idk. I do find the polishing to be a good upgrade though. You just can't get them to choke.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I certainly do not have an issue with polished feedramps, they are pretty and probably clean easily. It is simply not possible that tiny bit of contact will bring a case to a halt when the bottom of the bolt carrier, magazine inner walls, and remaining rounds/magazine follower are unpolished. All make significantly more contact with the case than the feed ramps.

Andy

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    "They" recommend downloading to 28 round so a magazine will reliably insert on a closed bolt, that is typically for the GI MilSpec aluminum mags, PMags are more forgiving in this respect and most can cram in 31 rounds, so with 30 rounds they still has a little more spring compression.
    Don't bother, Okie has a history on this forum for spouting BS. When questioned I bet he'll say, "cause the professionals said so"

Just like here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...30#post3057730
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-01-22 at 16:34.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Don't bother, Okie has a history on this forum for spouting BS. When questioned I bet he'll say, "cause the professionals said so"

Just like here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...30#post3057730
    Get a life. And get out of the tech forums and back to GD where this bullshit belongs.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Get a life. And get out of the tech forums and back to GD where this bullshit belongs.

The fact that I am getting PMs about your BSing behavior means someone has to call out your BS. That fact you are doing this on every subject from terminal ballistics to mag loading is pretty telling.

Your playbook is pretty apparent at this point. Spout BS referencing some nebulous "professionals said so". Get called out and avoid telling us who these "professionals" are, then cry and say "you people are just too dumb to understand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The fact that I am getting PMs about your BSing behavior means someone has to call out your BS. That fact you are doing this on every subject from terminal ballistics to mag loading is pretty telling.

Your playbook is pretty apparent at this point. Spout BS referencing some nebulous "professionals said so". Get called out and avoid telling us who these "professionals" are, then cry and say "you people are just too dumb to understand.
    Oh bullshit. Why would anyone PM you, and why would it matter to you even if they did? Take your self-important persecution complex to someone who cares.

As for whether you're too dumb, idk, but one thing I do know is that you're not reading my entire posts. You're picking out bits and pieces that just so happen to be in the first paragraph without bothering to read the context. I get it, not everybody has time to read multi paragraph posts, but don't sit there and harass someone unless you're willing to take the time to hear them out and make thoughtful responses. But since you have so much time to stalk and troll me, I know you do in fact have the time to read them and are just being lazy.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Oh bullshit. Why would anyone PM you, and why would it matter to you even if they did? Take your self-important persecution complex to someone who cares.

As for whether you're too dumb, idk, but one thing I do know is that you're not reading my entire posts. You're picking out bits and pieces that just so happen to be in the first paragraph without bothering to read the context. I get it, not everybody has time to read multi paragraph posts, but don't sit there and harass someone unless you're willing to take the time to hear them out and make thoughtful responses. But since you have so much time to stalk and troll me, I know you do in fact have the time to read them and are just being lazy.
    100% true. He can step up and say who he is if he wants.

Because its clear that it isnt only me who is getting annoyed with your constant BS posting.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-01-22 at 22:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    100% true. He can step up and say who he is if he wants.

Because its clear that it isnt only me who is getting annoyed with your constant BS posting.
    I imagine your annoyance is minor compared to that of the guy whose thread you just hijacked.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

I PMed vicious_cb because I thought it would be a great idea for you to change your screen name to doubledown. Maybe tripledown, how many downs are we at now until you finally get the last word in?

I’m not surprised more people don’t want to read your long rambling posts. You mention paragraphs, well you don’t even add any. The posts are just one huge wall of text of rando things you think you’ve discovered and are the only enlightened one.

You’ve been called out by numerous SMEs on the forum and yet you continue. Some would call it a clue. Anyways, I’m out of this thread and the other one. Feel free to continue sticking your foot in your mouth.

BTW, Anybody that knows anything will tell you downloading mags is due to potential difficulty seating a full mag.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast