Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First images from the James Webb to be released by the WH at 1730 today!

Feedback Score
    Hmm. JWST is an infrared telescope. The photo they published sure has a lot of colorizing. (Yes, I know it has optical telescopes on it as well, but not nearly the size of it's main "mirror")

For comparison, here's a Hubble shot; optical.

Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 07-12-22 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well I agree with that.

Has it occurred to you that the press puke who is using incorrect verbiage probably took some liberties with what the science guys told them?
    I seriously doubt it. It happens way too much these days. "Scientists" get caught up in their own theories and bias and state things as fact all the time. Press pukes don't know enough to make one sided mistakes like that. It would have at least some contradiction or inconsistencies. It was written out, given to them snd planned that way.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 07-12-22 at 22:03.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    And it's incredible... The Hubble was a game changer, the Webb makes the Hubble look like a toy.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    The assumptions being made and told are absolutely ridiculous. These are scientists?
    What assumptions are those and what's your science background again?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You did not comprehend my statement. I wasn't critiquing the telescope or spectrometer readings. It was the matter of fact statements about big bang theory and where we come from that is in question. It is an unproven theory at best. Tying facts to it like it is fact is garbage not science. You not picking that up might say something about you.
    It is one of the best supported events that exists and your background and knowledge of the topic so poor it's just sad, but you feel confident to comment anyway. Typical.

I shall remove myself from the thread and leave you et al to debate what's beyond out of your lane so as to not add additional friction.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-13-22 at 11:33.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    And it's incredible... The Hubble was a game changer, the Webb makes the Hubble look like a toy.
    Agreed. Now, too bad we'll never be able to see these systems in real time. Even the close ones (relatively speaking) could have advanced civilizations now and we'd never know because we are seeing into the past. Same with them. Any one farther than 150 light years away looking at us would see a dark earth as it was still lit by fire only back then...

I'm an airline pilot because I watched Star Trek and the moon shots as a kid. Darn it! I want my f-ing space plane and hyper drive! The best they can come up with is a limited range electric car by now... Beam me up.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just believe the experts, like most people. Some people have studied it in depth. Scientists pretty much know what's what about things. And if they get things wrong they'll correct it, they always do.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 07-13-22 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It is one of the best supported events that exists and your background and knowledge of the topic so poor it's just sad, but you feel confident to comment anyway. Typical.

I shall remove myself from the thread and leave you et al to debate what's beyond out of your lane so as to not add additional friction.
    LOL. There is zero proof that it happened. They can't even explain themselves what parts of it is. Part of the explanation is that we don't and can't fully understand it yet. GTFOH. That's not science. Sure, remove yourself from something you yourself cannot explain but yet still believe in. That is what is typical. Sounds like faith to me.

Explain the singularity and how it came to existence please?

Here's the thing. Scientifically I can accept it as a theory...but don't sling it to the public as proven fact. That is not science. That is irresponsible. We see theories get changed and altered all the time because of new evidence that comes to light. Sometimes this evidence changes things dramatically. To state things to the public that is based on a theory like it is a proven fact is absolute garbage. You know that. The science community knows that...but they continue to do it anyway. I'm just calling that bs out.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 07-14-22 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    LOL. There is zero proof that it happened. They can't even explain themselves what parts of it is. Part of the explanation is that we don't and can't fully understand it yet. GTFOH. That's not science. Sure, remove yourself from something you yourself cannot explain but yet still believe in. That is what is typical. Sounds like faith to me.

Explain the singularity and how it came to existence please?

Here's the thing. Scientifically I can accept it as a theory...but don't sling it to the public as proven fact. That is not science. That is irresponsible. We see theories get changed and altered all the time because of new evidence that comes to light. Sometimes this evidence changes things dramatically. To state things to the public that is based on a theory like it is a proven fact is absolute garbage. You know that. The science community knows that...but they continue to do it anyway. I'm just calling that bs out.
    In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded...

Yeah I agree general relativity is messy, irregular and many models cannot explain the singularity... Planck and all, I’m more of a quantum man myself.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123