Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FBI HRT and SWAT officially getting suppressed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Titanium? Really? Who's making the decisions over there?

I guess a qual or two a year they will be fine, not like y'all do any real shooting beyond that anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    As previously discussed, that particular can has 17-4 core and may not have the same limitations as a full Ti unit.
    Yup. I've got one and it's full auto rated with no barrel length restrictions.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    As previously discussed, that particular can has 17-4 core and may not have the same limitations as a full Ti unit.
    Forgive me, or not, for not reading 3500 replies what ev. I don't need to see marketing to know that pure titanium is only the equivalent of trailer trash 1700's era steel.

Will it hold up? Yes, until it cracks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Forgive me, or not, for not reading 3500 replies what ev. I don't need to see marketing to know that pure titanium is only the equivalent of trailer trash 1700's era steel.

Will it hold up? Yes, until it cracks.
    First I would challenge you to find a single instance of an OSS Ti can cracking. Then I would point you to the test the DoD did with with multiple suppressors where they fired several hundred rounds at FA out of them to failure. Bet you can guess which can survived well past the test parameters and failure points of the other cans tested...
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    First I would challenge you to find a single instance of an OSS Ti can cracking. Then I would point you to the test the DoD did with with multiple suppressors where they fired several hundred rounds at FA out of them to failure. Bet you can guess which can survived well past the test parameters and failure points of the other cans tested...
    Will you post a link to it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Will you post a link to it?
    Here it is.

https://youtu.be/bFZr6T2NgxE

ETA: I'm getting old... Looks like I misremembered some of the details. Looks like it was an older gen OSS firstly, and second it was only against the SOCOM suppressor, not multiple.
    Last edited by georgeib; 07-23-22 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here it is.

ETA: I'm getting old... Looks like I misremembered some of the details. Looks like it was an older gen OSS firstly, and second it was only against the SOCOM suppressor, not multiple.
    Makes feel added goodness that's what I purchased. Not cheap, but looks worth it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Makes feel added goodness that's what I purchased. Not cheap, but looks worth it.
    Definitely. I put three mags through mine full auto. It sucked it right up, and without a single titanium spark.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Here it is.

Also, I think thats the one that OSS did, not USSOCOM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Definitely. I put three mags through mine full auto. It sucked it right up, and without a single titanium spark.
    I got the SS version, so I'd expect even better longevity. Really don't care about the weight personally.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Also, I think thats the one that OSS did, not USSOCOM.
    Gov't test according to the video. Didn't sound like it was USSOCOM so much as some gov't lab though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast