Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FBI HRT and SWAT officially getting suppressed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The sound signature review from Pew Science was released this morning on the new Huxwrx(OSS) Flow 556k from the MK18. It the quietest at the ear 556 suppressor ever tested, taking the crown from the OSS HX-QD 556. Reading on Reddit, Jay, the owner of Pew Science, is pretty amazed at its performance. https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comment..._flow_556k_on/

Here's a link to the Pew Science review:
    https://pewscience.com/sound-signatu...xwrx-flow-556k

PEW Science Research Note 9: The HUXWRX FLOW 556k is the only silencer tested by PEW Science on the standard MK18, to date, to achieve an at-ear (shooter) Suppression Rating in the 30-zone on the Suppression Rating Dose Chart. The reduction in hearing damage risk by the FLOW 556k on the MK18, to the weapon operator, is unprecedented in PEW Science testing and analysis. The combination of bystander and shooter signature suppression, as reflected in the Composite Suppression Rating, is also unprecedented for its size. For reference, the FLOW 556k is almost an inch shorter than the Surefire SOCOM556-RC2 and Otter Creek Labs Polonium.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-03-22 at 09:01.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The sound signature review from Pew Science was released this morning on the new Huxwrx(OSS) Flow 556k from the MK18. It the quietest at the ear 556 suppressor ever tested, taking the crown from the OSS HX-QD 556. Reading on Reddit, Jay, the owner of Pew Science, is pretty amazed at its performance. https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comment..._flow_556k_on/

Here's a link to the Pew Science review:
    https://pewscience.com/sound-signatu...xwrx-flow-556k

More reasons I'm glad I started the thread (I ultimately left due to endless trolling by a few, but I digress....) on cans for SBRs/PDWs, as there learning on my end was had and some good advice given too, and I narrowed it down to OSS finally. Now waiting the wait of the civilian pleb wanting permission from the gubment to save his hearing. On my AR PDW I doubt it will be hearing safe indoors, but a damn better than without no doubt.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    More reasons I'm glad I started the thread (I ultimately left due to endless trolling by a few, but I digress....) on cans for SBRs/PDWs, as there learning on my end was had and some good advice given too, and I narrowed it down to OSS finally. Now waiting the wait of the civilian pleb wanting permission from the gubment to save his hearing. On my AR PDW I doubt it will be hearing safe indoors, but a damn better than without no doubt.
    Yeah, bro. It's gonna be nice.

I mean, no 556 can is truly hearing safe, especially indoors, but miles better than no can. And if you look in the chart above at the RC2's numbers, which lots of mil guys use, the OSS is significantly better at the shooter's ear. I imagine that the OSS will at least be as good as the RC2 on a shorter PDW length barrel. You made a really solid choice on the can.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah, bro. It's gonna be nice.

I mean, no 556 can is truly hearing safe, especially indoors, but miles better than no can. And if you look in the chart above at the RC2's numbers, which lots of mil guys use, the OSS is significantly better at the shooter's ear. I imagine that the OSS will at least be as good as the RC2 on a shorter PDW length barrel. You made a really solid choice on the can.
    Which is what I care about. If I were sneaking around hunting goblins for a living, and masking my sound location the primary goal, might consider a different can. As a lot of mil seem to be adopting OSS, I guess they feel the juice worth the squeeze on that trade off.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am tempted to grab this for my SBR. Thanks for posting the Pew Science, just gotta wait to pay off some debt and then grab it.

Feedback Score
    Some interesting features, curious to see them in action. I thought it was very clever to have it flow so that it tightens itself on each shot. At almost $1100 it sure ain't cheap. Not like it matters while I'm in Jersey but definitely on my wish list.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It sure would be interesting to see one of the quieter cans tested on a tuned AR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It sure would be interesting to see one of the quieter cans tested on a tuned AR.
    I will say that though rifles can be tuned so that the operation of the rifle is less affected by a high back pressure can, you can't prevent a high back pressure can from pushing gas down the bore. This is evidenced by the difference in shooting a high back pressure and low back pressure can in a piston rifle, such as my PWS, where a DI system is taken out of the equation. Though I agree with your assumption that a big part of the reason HRT went with the OSS is not having to tune for it, there are other advantages. Namely less port pop and less gas to the face.

I did tons of research, on Pew Science and other places, before buying my pair of OSS cans, and I'm very satisfied with my choices.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-05-22 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will say that though rifles can be tuned so that the operation of the rifle is less affected by a high back pressure can, you can't prevent a high back pressure can from pushing gas down the bore. This is evidenced by the difference in shooting a high back pressure and low back pressure can in a piston rifle, such as my PWS, where a DI system is taken out of the equation.
    You are correct in that it is almost entirely gas through the bore. Not increasing the cyclic rate is the key, and piston guns should be tuned just as much as DI guns. I’ve been involved in both.

Tuning reduced both gas to face and port noise, but I wasn’t doing any testing with sound metering and this was all before OSS anyway.

How close sound at the ear can be for a tuned setup to OSS is something I would like to see done.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    How close sound at the ear can be for a tuned setup to OSS is something I would like to see done.
    Same. For me, its the number one thing I’d like to see testing on for 5.56 hosts. Most other questions have been settled.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast