Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange but true

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Not out of my league by any means, as a physician, feel free to private msg me your sources. Physical therapy, acupuncture, assorted non invasive non pharmacologic treatment modalities may be alternatives to more traditional approaches to specific disease entities/ physical impairments: but chiropractic is nothing more than a massage with perhaps the application of acupressure points. To each his own. I'm sure chiropractic works 30% of the time, like any placebo. PM me to discuss if you wish.
    Being an MD absolutely makes it in your lane if you have studied the topic. What is your area of specialty? One paper published in that little known low quality journal called JAMA (1). I also know and or work with MDs who refer to Chiropractors all the time and visa versa. Done "right" both work as a team and respect each others capabilities, as well as know their limitations. Obviously, it's very difficult to study chiropractic via RCT as no placebo group can exist, only control groups. Against control groups, data suggests benefits. Unfortunately, many an MD told it's a sham treatment, and like so many things they are taught, don't question it nor research it, nor communicate with chiropractors. There's some great chiropractors and some sub par ones, just as there is in the med community, but the common theme of arrogance and ignorance displayed by many an MD, is not a good look.

Chiropractors get themselves into trouble when they go outside their lane and make ridiculous claims like chiropractic can treat some unrelated diseases, not unlike MDs giving bad nutrition advice for which they have no training in, but that's another topic.

(1) https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2680417
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-14-22 at 07:52.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    MD's giving nutrition advice that is something very few docs have a working knowledge of; on this we are in complete agreement. My specialty was critical care, retired a few years back, then trained in laboratory medicine as my retirement job.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    MD's giving nutrition advice that is something very few docs have a working knowledge of; on this we are in complete agreement. My specialty was critical care, retired a few years back, then trained in laboratory medicine as my retirement job.
    Been a while since I looked, but last time i did, of the 129 med schools in the US, 12 required a single course in nutri. I was told by some it's no better now, perhaps worse. What's really sad is those who are supposed to have the formal training to give advice (RDs), are only slightly better, but that's another topic.

I do not expect MDs to know everything, and fully aware of the issues of trying to make MDs nutrition experts considering what they have to absorb in med school and beyond, but do expect them to simply utter those three words too many seem to hate so much which is "I Don't Know"
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12