Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lube war documentary

Feedback Score

Lube war documentary

Fwiw. I just found it an interesting attempt. Probably best not to discuss?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fibRewlndLg

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yeah. The "Grip Screw" EPIC was enough for me.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    This was an interesting and well done test and comparison of common firearm lubricants. Tests for lubricity, corrosion, and cold weather performance. Some of the well known brands failed miserably.

Thanks for posting triggerjerk!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yeah. The "Grip Screw" EPIC was enough for me.
    Lube threads predate the grip screw tardfest here though. I think that was the big topic when I first joined this site many years back.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I figgered discretion wudda been the better part of valor, but I have a new spring gun. 99.999% of my yutubing is listening to tunes, and after the vids demonstrating how far out airgunners are (be sure to wash and relube your pellets before shooting), this was actually kind of relaxing..... Mods, feel free to take it down!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wish he hadn't cooked them before doing the corrosion test, and maybe did the freezing test closer to zero instead of minus freaking forty degrees. Probably the hottest moving part of any gun is an AR bolt, and they don't even get hot enough to burn your hand, so we're talking like 200 degrees tops. 400 degrees for an hour is beyond unrealistic.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Mods, feel free to take it down!
    No way. It's like The Godfather. Every few years we have to go to war.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think it's something you care about when you first get into firearms. After a while I could care less and will use whatever is laying around. They key is just to keep them lubed. Still a fan of the Filthy 14 experiment.

Yes Pat!
    nawai

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Wish he hadn't cooked them before doing the corrosion test, and maybe did the freezing test closer to zero instead of minus freaking forty degrees. Probably the hottest moving part of any gun is an AR bolt, and they don't even get hot enough to burn your hand, so we're talking like 200 degrees tops. 400 degrees for an hour is beyond unrealistic.
    I believe the lower row of plates in the corrosion test were uncooked. I would have liked to have seen synthetic motor oil in the lubricity test. I was impressed with the clenzoil in that test.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No way. It's like The Godfather. Every few years we have to go to war.
    Yep, it's about time for a lube thread.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast