Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
Making it easier to transition leaders out of position would probably go a long way too. Obviously it can’t be a popularity contest but I’ve worked with and for some people that truly dishearten their subordinates. BCAP is a starting point but we all know that as we’re failing to meet recruiting and retention, the Army will be less willing to ditch people that are universally accepted as needing it.
I think the BCAP idea, along with the SNCO and CGO iterations, are important. I think a 360 feedback process is long overdue in the military, and the psych screening aspect is important to. I don't know anyone in the Army, Air Force or Navy that doesn't have a story about a commander who was a complete psycho, it would be nice to weed those people out early. And some of the iron majors that never did their staff tours would probably be better commanders than the high performing O-5 who hasn't been in a line unit since they were a Captain.

As the overall recruiting goal--I don't think it really matters because things are too dorked up from the VID to know what's real and what isn't. I don't believe vaccines have anything to do with it, despite how badly some people that are against them wish it did. It's hard to know how much of the issues with kids being fat and medicated actually matters--I'm not sure those are the ones that would have wanted to join the military to begin with. Though, I'll admit that the internet is rife with people that say they want to enlist or go to ROTC but can't because they've seen a mental health professional or taken various drugs in the last few years.