Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
The MacDonald's straw helped me out. With the chargemaster, it depends on the powder. You get into that IMR long cut stuff and it'll over throw some charges. Mine gets moody. Some days I'm ready to drop kick the mother fukker out the front door.

But overall, it's worth every penny. Pappabear got us that bad ass A & D scale kit from AREA411 or whatever. It's way more precise than the Chargemaster, but it's less user friendly than the chargemaster. I sweat bullets everytime I use it because it cost a small fortune. Both systems are in regular rotation.
I did some of the firmware tunes as well as the straw method. Its been a while, but it speeds up the initial drop speed and tunes when it slows down. Improved the speed dramatically and not at the cost of over throwing. I too get some over throws on occasion with long stick powders, but very infrequently. As you state, sometimes its great and others its every 5 throws. I attribute it to humidity more than temprament. Although, it could be VOODOO at work here as well.