Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RCBS Chargemaster ?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

RCBS Chargemaster ?

I did a little research and it seems like a good option, but I guess I'm looking for new/current thoughts. I currently use the Lee powder dippers for all my rifle loading and while accurate it's slooow. I do use my 550 for 223/556 though but more inclined to use/measure every load for my bolt guns. I came across an email with the RCBS Chargemaster on sale with free shipping and I'm considering it. Worth the $$$? Here is some old info and most peeps point to pluses with it. Just trying to justify the $$$, Thanks.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/google.php...01j10509105j46

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It is what I have used for years and works well for me if you make the modifications that are easily found and made to the unit.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Very fast and repeatable throws for me with no modifications, though I hear mods needed are simple. Definitely worth the money, imo.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    It is what I have used for years and works well for me if you make the modifications that are easily found and made to the unit.
    Thanks, guys for the input. I have heard about the mods and will address them as time goes on !

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    None of the mods are needed. It works just fine the way it comes. Mine hardly ever over charges. Maybe once every 200 rounds. And when it does it, it is always a ball powder and the first cycle.

Only thing I wish mine had was the auto dispense. It is one of the first units they offered.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark rocks "the green machine" and has for years. Before that he hand measured each 308 load with scales. Major improvement on speed with good accuracy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Mark rocks "the green machine" and has for years. Before that he hand measured each 308 load with scales. Major improvement on speed with good accuracy.

PB
    Phew,I was hoping & waiting for you PB or markm to chime in,, and good thing I just put my order in @ Midsouth! It was $349.99 with Free Shipping but then there is always tax,,,,$377ish total. It's weird cuz you can find it for less but the item # is different on many of them! I "think" I got the top dog,LOL This is the RCBS # 98943 | Item # 044-98943 I'll keep you guys posted on when it arrives & I get it set up,, pretty excited now! I just loaded 200 30/06 for my 1903A4 this weekend & yea it took a while, LOL Thanks, guys!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I once had Hornady Auto Charge and then I switched to the Chargemaster. I eventually migrated back to my Lee Perfect Powder measure set to throw just short paired with a trickler. Much faster for my needs.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Phew,I was hoping & waiting for you PB or markm to chime in,, and good thing I just put my order in @ Midsouth! It was $349.99 with Free Shipping but then there is always tax,,,,$377ish total. It's weird cuz you can find it for less but the item # is different on many of them! I "think" I got the top dog,LOL This is the RCBS # 98943 | Item # 044-98943 I'll keep you guys posted on when it arrives & I get it set up,, pretty excited now! I just loaded 200 30/06 for my 1903A4 this weekend & yea it took a while, LOL Thanks, guys!
    Cool, good luck and yes keep us posted.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The MacDonald's straw helped me out. With the chargemaster, it depends on the powder. You get into that IMR long cut stuff and it'll over throw some charges. Mine gets moody. Some days I'm ready to drop kick the mother fukker out the front door.

But overall, it's worth every penny. Pappabear got us that bad ass A & D scale kit from AREA411 or whatever. It's way more precise than the Chargemaster, but it's less user friendly than the chargemaster. I sweat bullets everytime I use it because it cost a small fortune. Both systems are in regular rotation.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast