Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RCBS Chargemaster ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The MacDonald's straw helped me out. With the chargemaster, it depends on the powder. You get into that IMR long cut stuff and it'll over throw some charges. Mine gets moody. Some days I'm ready to drop kick the mother fukker out the front door.

But overall, it's worth every penny. Pappabear got us that bad ass A & D scale kit from AREA411 or whatever. It's way more precise than the Chargemaster, but it's less user friendly than the chargemaster. I sweat bullets everytime I use it because it cost a small fortune. Both systems are in regular rotation.
    I did some of the firmware tunes as well as the straw method. Its been a while, but it speeds up the initial drop speed and tunes when it slows down. Improved the speed dramatically and not at the cost of over throwing. I too get some over throws on occasion with long stick powders, but very infrequently. As you state, sometimes its great and others its every 5 throws. I attribute it to humidity more than temprament. Although, it could be VOODOO at work here as well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I did some of the firmware tunes as well as the straw method. Its been a while, but it speeds up the initial drop speed and tunes when it slows down.
    Guys have pressured me to do this to our machine, but I just haven't got around to trying it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

RCBS Chargemaster ?

Guys have pressured me to do this to our machine, but I just haven't got around to trying it.
    It will save you some time and it is pretty easy as I recall.

The guy in this video is more aggressive than the settings I use.

It’s basically 3 settings.

Setting 1:
    Factory - 15.68
    Mine - 9.00

Setting 2:
    Factory - 3.42
    Mine - 2.00

Setting 3:
    Factory - 1.08
    Mine - .60

If you don’t like it you can always go back to factory settings, but I guarantee you won’t go back.

Last edited by HKGuns; 07-19-22 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    The MacDonald's straw helped me out. With the chargemaster, it depends on the powder. You get into that IMR long cut stuff and it'll overthrow some charges. Mine gets moody. Some days I'm ready to drop kick the mother fukker out the front door.

But overall, it's worth every penny. Pappabear got us that badass A & D scale kit from AREA411. It's way more precise than the Chargemaster but less user-friendly than the chargemaster. I sweat bullets every time I use it because it costs a small fortune. Both systems are in regular rotation.
    Ah, good to know markm. I figured there are always issues that pop up with everything & the Chargemaster will be no exception. I'll roll with it learn its shortcomings and see how it all turns out, in the big picture I'm sure I will be happy with it. I just know using the Lee dipper's suck,,, they work. You can get accurate throws, but good lord,, takes a month of Sundays for real volume, LOL Oh yea I know there are some real scales out there but yea, as you stated big $$$ I watch gavintoobe. He is constantly testing all kinds of goodies from the top stuff down to everyday inexpensive stuff that works, pretty much anything dealing with reloading, precision rifle shooting, etc,, he is a pretty cool dude with a great channel. He did a review on some killer scales quite a while ago but I will go look them up and see what they are again.
    I ended up selling an AR upper and turned that $$$ right into the Chargemaster & actually plan on selling a few more goodies that I just don't use much anymore. I have my favorites that will never go but have a few items that could generate some decent $$$$. The Chargemaster is just a start, LOL I need a quality spotting scope next !! Thanks again the the info.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The trick with the chargemaster is to sync up some other tasks you can be doing while running charges. Granted, the unit is way faster than other methods of getting charges. But you still end up standing there waiting between charges. I'll debur case mouths or hand prime between charges.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The trick with the chargemaster is to sync up some other tasks you can be doing while running charges. Granted, the unit is way faster than other methods of getting charges. But you still end up standing there waiting between charges. I'll debur case mouths or hand prime between charges.
    You can always reprogram your chargemaster to what you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DRJCL0D3A

Feedback Score
    I finally got a Chargemaster "Lite" a couple months ago, and I haven't had time to do anything but make sure it turns on (and isn't DOA).

Does the reprogramming apply to the "Lite" model, too?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The straw definitely helps, I also did some speed mods but it's been so long I can't remember what I did. For precision loads I set up a powder measure to throw a light charge dump it on the Chargemaster to bring up to weight, speeds things up quite a bit.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I have toyed with it a little but just haven't had any real time to totally dive in. My work schedule is funky and I have a fair amount of rifle ammo made up already anyways & I'm not really in need. I should get to it sooner but the Winter months will bring out the best of it I'm sure. I'll keep up on the upgrade vids and get it sorted out for sure. Thanks again guys for the info.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For what it's worth, if you run ball powder in the Chargemaster, it's almost perfect. It's the nature of extruded powder that makes it fuss.... Especially long cut stuff like 4064.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast