Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to remove a SF Warcomp w/ Rockset & NOTHING is working!

Feedback Score

Trying to remove a SF Warcomp w/ Rockset & NOTHING is working!

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice and help here.

Years ago I had a “gunsmith” and local shop install a Warcomp for me. I recently decided to swap it for the 3PFH since getting my cans approved and it won’t budge in coming off. I’ve tried all of the recommended solutions below to no avail. I’m also using the MI URR.

1. Soaked in water for 10 hours over night
    2. Soaked in boiling water for 30 mins

I was thinking to next soak in acetone. What are the thoughts around this approach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It may have been installed with Loctite rather than Rocksett.

Try the torch.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    It may have been installed with Loctite rather than Rocksett.

Try the torch.
    Thanks! Called them and confirmed “they never use red loctite and always use Rockset.” They did say they’ve seen a couple over the years that somehow wouldn’t come off. Hopefully that’s not the case here.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Are you 100% sure it’s not pinned? You can hit it with a torch and see what it smells like to try and get an idea of what’s under there, too.

I’ve removed some muzzle devices that were applied with copious amount of Rocksett and and I barely had to try. If it’s fighting you it’s a good indication that something is up. Cross threaded, pinned, Loctite, etc.

Rocksett doesn’t have that strong of a bond, it’s just thermally stable up to high temps.

Try soaking it in some acetone or “Chem-Dip” (tip I got from Chad at SOTAR) and seeing if that helps. I’d be nervous about going up over 40 ft/lbs or so, with URR support that is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    Are you 100% sure it’s not pinned? You can hit it with a torch and see what it smells like to try and get an idea of what’s under there, too.

I’ve removed some muzzle devices that were applied with copious amount of Rocksett and and I barely had to try. If it’s fighting you it’s a good indication that something is up. Cross threaded, pinned, Loctite, etc.

Rocksett doesn’t have that strong of a bond, it’s just thermally stable up to high temps.

Try soaking it in some acetone or “Chem-Dip” (tip I got from Chad at SOTAR) and seeing if that helps. I’d be nervous about going up over 40 ft/lbs or so, with URR support that is.
    Fair question, but yes, it isn’t pinned. Thinking it might be on with some Loctite.

Feedback Score
    if it is rockset and not pinned, i saw a trajectory arms video where they tap it with a brass hammer then it just spins right off. May want to find it on youtube.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had one stuck like this, soaked the muzzle in water. Put it in at night and then was able to remove the device after work the next day, close to 24 hrs.
    Last edited by AAMP84; 07-18-22 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shoot. I wish I could get Rocksett to work that good. That crap has a 30 second shelf life before it acts like anti seize.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I’ve always been able to twist it right off…. Try “shocking” it by applying a bit of force with a brass drift or hammer. Make sure you use brass, as steel will royally screw things up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have removed several items with boiling water and much less than 30 minutes, so yes Sumpin up. Check closely for pinning. Did you ask them if they ever pinned them?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast