Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you have to run an ACOG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Sometimes you have to run an ACOG

I still am very fond of my ACOG guns despite other the new cool LPVO's and RDs on the market. Ran this one out from 100 to 750 with great success.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Slick rig. That’ll work!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    After trying five different ACOGS that 3.5x is by far my favorite. Decent field of view and great eye relief. I’ve got one in 5.56 and 7.62.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    After trying five different ACOGS that 3.5x is by far my favorite. Decent field of view and great eye relief. I’ve got one in 5.56 and 7.62.
    Agreed the eye relief is so much better and the reticle goes to 800 vs 600 I think. I really wish I had the monster 6 power like the military used. The brits or canucks used. Can’t remember which one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Agreed the eye relief is so much better and the reticle goes to 800 vs 600 I think. I really wish I had the monster 6 power like the military used. The brits or canucks used. Can’t remember which one.
    The TA648 no thanks at 37 oz and 3K retail.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The LMT MWS already weight 97 lbs. so the weight isn't an issue, but 3k for a COG would be troubling.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    It’s like putting a 1911 on top of your handy MWS, what’s not to like. I have never chased military rifle clones, but I would like to shoot one and see how it performed but for the $$$$ it ain’t going to happen. I also wonder with the 3 ft over bore, how useful that RDS they used would work.

A lot of shit out there I would like someone else to buy and let me play with. Kinda like a boat.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    PappaBear - as someone who likes to load my bipod that stick tied to your shooting mat is absolute genius.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo223 View Post
    PappaBear - as someone who likes to load my bipod that stick tied to your shooting mat is absolute genius.
    I don't know which of us came up with it. We started with PVC at one point I think. But this goofy stick (which is the closed dowel for hanging clothes) has been working for a long time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo223 View Post

Yea like Mark said, we built some with PVC that also worked. That mat has 9 million rounds shot over it, it has served us well. I can't believe that rope has held up. Shit I have blown up cans and AR10 rifles on that indestructible beast. I think one got stolen and we used to run two at a time.

PB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast