Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you have to run an ACOG

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing PB, please tell me about the level that you have mounted and do you feel it is helpful enough if I normally shoot out to 400 or more useful beyond that distance?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGrayGuy View Post
    Thanks for sharing PB, please tell me about the level that you have mounted and do you feel it is helpful enough if I normally shoot out to 400 or more useful beyond that distance?
    Inside 500 yards I wouldn’t be too concerned about rifle cant. I would skip it the level and bang away. I run US Optics levels. And prefer the folders. PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGrayGuy View Post
    Depends on the bullet flight/arc. You can chase your ass at 1000 yards if there's a different cant on the rifle for each shot.

When we have buddies out to shoot with us, Pappabear is the trigger slap Nazi, and I'm the Scope level Nazi. I told a guy I was just going to put tape over his level since he refused to check it and it was driving me nuts to watch it not centered.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I still am very fond of my ACOG guns despite other the new cool LPVO's and RDs on the market. Ran this one out from 100 to 750 with great success.

PB
    3.5x55 ACOGs have the most forgiving eye relief out of them all! I personally prefer the LED versions of the 3.5 and 4x32. User adjustable brightness and if you’re lucky, you don’t realize you set it on its brightest setting and get a free LASIK procedure.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Agreed the eye relief is so much better and the reticle goes to 800 vs 600 I think. I really wish I had the monster 6 power like the military used. The brits or canucks used. Can’t remember which one.
    The TA648 no thanks at 37 oz and 3K retail.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The LMT MWS already weight 97 lbs. so the weight isn't an issue, but 3k for a COG would be troubling.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    It’s like putting a 1911 on top of your handy MWS, what’s not to like. I have never chased military rifle clones, but I would like to shoot one and see how it performed but for the $$$$ it ain’t going to happen. I also wonder with the 3 ft over bore, how useful that RDS they used would work.

A lot of shit out there I would like someone else to buy and let me play with. Kinda like a boat.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    PappaBear - as someone who likes to load my bipod that stick tied to your shooting mat is absolute genius.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo223 View Post
    PappaBear - as someone who likes to load my bipod that stick tied to your shooting mat is absolute genius.
    I don't know which of us came up with it. We started with PVC at one point I think. But this goofy stick (which is the closed dowel for hanging clothes) has been working for a long time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got to handle the British LMT with Acog back in the day. Never got to use it, but we did some shared ranges with the Brits. The L129 designation, IIRC.

Anyways, as noted....it was a pig. Mk11 gang for life. I preferred the variable power optics all day every day, but you do you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast