Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry handle question

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sometimes you have to run things over.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all the replies. Kinda sad to learn to learn this about the carry handle sight.

It's not super important, but I was looking for a nice change of pace from the 16" Colt that I made into a nine pounder. Something pure.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If your picture shows the rear sight as it's sighted in then I say you are doing pretty good. I have had many A2 sights that didn't sight in anywhere close to that centered but worked just fine. In the old days people would whack the front sight with a hammer or just keep trying A2 sights/A4 carry handles until something lined up.

It's an AR invented for guys to carry into battle made by the lowest bidder, not a Swiss watch

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    In the old days people would whack the front sight with a hammer.
    Still amazes me that people thought that was a good idea, and I remember it was recommended a lot.

One of the many reasons I will never buy used ARs.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Shoot. The. Gun.

Feedback Score
    Look through the sights not at them, you'll notice your target better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought there was a spec for how close actual zero should be to mechanical zero, but I can't remember it off the top my head and a quick google didn't reveal it. I pulled out my parts built A4 and my carry handle sight is run about 3/4 of the way to the left to be zeroed. My rear sight assembly has the same slight cant, but it's not an issue for me. I actually enjoy shooting carry handle irons a lot--I'm halfway searching for an A2 to be a dedicated iron sight gun, because I kind of want to build my A4 in to GWOT style set-up with an ACOG and an M5 quad rail, but I haven't done it yet because I like shooting the carry handle so much.

If you're not happy with the rifle I'd contact Colt. If you are new to shooting a carry handle, it might be worth letting someone with more experience on an M16 style gun check yours out and see what they think.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    100% normal. Every Colt carry handle I've owned was cockeyed like that. Or oriented towards 11 o'clock, there's spring pressure pushing it that way, and the play is normal. It's one of those things where you go "huh, that's weird..." then you go shoot the gun and never think about it again. At least I never thought about it again until this thread popped up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I sent them a 6920 that I’d ran over………………… . It took a long time if I recall. Like 3-4 months. But they fixed it.
    Waaaaita minute, a couple years ago you were posting about running over a 6920 with a SUV and saying it worked fine.

I remember because I got sick of reading about it and put together a PSA 6920 clone to do the same thing. Problem is that it shot so good that I decided to keep it and not risk effing it up.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    @Dennis I put windage at the center notch for the photo. I'm glad it's not a big deal. Thanks again, guys.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast