Thread: Another "Nutritionist" Strikes again 🤨

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Well that changes everything... A classic case of you don't know what you don't know and too ignorant to know it. Dunning-Kruger effect at its finest.

Please offer your thoughts on this recent paper on the potential impact on NAC and GSH as it applies to covid so we can all learn from you:

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/an...ion=1657864153
    Yea not reading that, but after glancing at the abstract and conclusions I see zero relevance other than you trying to demonstrate that you too can read fancy articles with big words. Has literally nothing to do with what we're talking about. They're merely hypothesizing about the potential benefit of a drug (not even a supplement). And even if it were an actual supplement, there's no study, just speculation, and making a bunch of assumptions in the process. For this to be germane to our little debate here, you would have to find a study saying that glutathione (an actual supplement vs. a drug) reduced oxidative stress in covid patients leading to better outcomes. And to refute my stance you would have to find one that compared supplemental sources to dietary sources (i.e. prove that not only does it work, but that the supplement is superior in some way to dietary sources). And even then we're talking about treating an acute illness, in the elderly nonetheless, vs. the nutritional needs of normal healthy people in general. I'm certainly not going to deny the use of drugs to treat acute illness, but even if the article's assumptions are all correct that's like saying that nitroglycerin is a heart supplement.
    Last edited by okie; 07-18-22 at 19:25.