Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another "Nutritionist" Strikes again 🤨

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Another "Nutritionist" Strikes again 🤨

I put nutritionist in quotes as we don't know if that's someone who was self described as such or a licensed nutritionist. While it's more difficult to overdose on vitamin D as some would claim, this person was put on 150,000 UI per day!

So the poor man - who had an extensive medical history - experienced side effects of the crazy vite D dose. This is via MedCram, which is a highly recommended YT channel. It should be noted there are protocols that call for doses that high to get people's levels of 25OHD up (which can only be determined by blood work...), but they are for short periods, followed by much lower doses to maintain the new levels:

For those who want in depth info on vite D, see: https://brinkzone.com/vitamin-d-what...to-achieve-it/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People have all lost their minds. If people would just use a little common sense and listen to their bodies like our grandparents did they would live as long. Don't eat stuff from a lab (including supplements), eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full, drink when you're thirsty, and sleep when you're tired. I can't believe all these crazies who think humans have been doing it wrong for millennia, and that the answer is loading our bodies up with food and supplements that are mad science experiments and basically doing the exact opposite of listening to their bodies.
    Last edited by okie; 07-18-22 at 10:26.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    People have all lost their minds. If people would just use a little common sense and listen to their bodies like our grandparents did they would live as long. Don't eat stuff from a lab (including supplements), eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full, drink when you're thirsty, and sleep when you're tired. I can't believe all these crazies who think humans have been doing it wrong for millennia, and that the answer is loading our bodies up with food and supplements that are mad science experiments and basically doing the exact opposite of listening to their bodies.
    I don't agree and that's not supported by the science. There's no doubt some supplements are beneficial (my web site has 3 decades or so of studies discussing that topic...) and there's some that are a total waste of $. Note the doc in that vid takes and recommends vitamin D.

Agreed in that the basics of good nutrition is not that complex, but making things more difficult and complex than they need to be is what humans excel at I find.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-18-22 at 11:25.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don't agree and that's not supported by the science. There's no doubt some supplements are beneficial (my web site has 3 decades or so of studies discussing that topic...) and there's some that are a total waste of $. Note the doc in that vid takes and recommends vitamin D.

Agreed in that the basics of good nutrition is not that complex, but making things more difficult and complex than they need to be is what humans excel at I find.
    Based on what I've read I think the best case scenario for supplements is that they turn your pee green. All people need is clean food, clean air, and sunshine. Unfortunately there's not much opportunity for medical science to profit from those things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Based on what I've read I think the best case scenario for supplements is that they turn your pee green. All people need is clean food, clean air, and sunshine. Unfortunately there's not much opportunity for medical science to profit from those things.
    Then you are not well read on the primary lit, don't research the topic for a living... This is my lane.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-18-22 at 12:49.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Then you are not well read on the primary lit, don't research the topic for a living... This is my lane.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/most...r%20disease%2C

I could post a gazillion more articles just like this one, going back decades. I don't know what your background is, but I can promise you that you're up against a whole lot of highly credentialed scientists and large well designed studies going back many years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2019/0...y-supplements/

Here's another one from 2019, and the conclusion is the same as it was back in the 90s. Supplements don't work, healthy eating of real food only way to get nutrients. Like I said, clean food, clean air, and sunshine. Worked for our grandparents, and it will work just as well for us.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    https://www.businessinsider.com/most...r%20disease%2C

I could post a gazillion more articles just like this one, going back decades. I don't know what your background is, but I can promise you that you're up against a whole lot of highly credentialed scientists and large well designed studies going back many years.
    If you think that changes anything, you're even more out of your lane than I thought. No interest on my end in learning you on the issue. There's no lack of posts on this forum and articles on my site if you wanted to actually learn something here, but I suspect you don't. Have a good one.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-18-22 at 15:42.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you think that changes anything, you're even more out of your lane than I thought. No interest on my end in learning you on the issue. There's no lack of posts on this forum and articles on my site if you wanted to actually learn something here, but I suspect you don't. Have a good one.
    I used to be really into this stuff, no need to educate me. I was in the gym everyday in high school and college and worked at a supplement shop pushing the stuff. Finally saw the light. It's ineffective at best, and in many cases harmful. Even the highest quality supplements out there aren't the same molecularly as what's in our food, and aren't handled in the same way by our bodies because they don't come with the same enzymes and microbiomes as the real food they're meant to replace. And that's not even taking malabsorption into account. People eat enough nutrients in most cases, but they can't process them because their guts are too wrecked from all the grains, preservatives, pesticides, and packaging chemicals.

The longitudinal studies tell the whole tale, especially when it comes to the risks associated with supplements. And it's like that NIH article points out, people who take supplements are already likelier to eat healthy, and are still having worse outcomes despite that. Some people would call that a clue.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I used to be really into this stuff, no need to educate me. I was in the gym everyday in high school and college and worked at a supplement shop pushing the stuff. Finally saw the light. It's ineffective at best, and in many cases harmful. Even the highest quality supplements out there aren't the same molecularly as what's in our food, and aren't handled in the same way by our bodies because they don't come with the same enzymes and microbiomes as the real food they're meant to replace. And that's not even taking malabsorption into account. People eat enough nutrients in most cases, but they can't process them because their guts are too wrecked from all the grains, preservatives, pesticides, and packaging chemicals.

The longitudinal studies tell the whole tale, especially when it comes to the risks associated with supplements. And it's like that NIH article points out, people who take supplements are already likelier to eat healthy, and are still having worse outcomes despite that. Some people would call that a clue.
    Well that changes everything... A classic case of you don't know what you don't know. Dunning-Kruger effect at its finest.

Please offer your thoughts on this recent paper on the potential impact on NAC and GSH as it applies to covid outcomes so we can all learn from you:

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/an...ion=1657864153
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-18-22 at 17:00.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast