Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angry Docs Over Covid 19

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Angry Docs Over Covid 19

🤬😲😷🤧🤕

It has to be stressed that many (most?) MDs are not scientists and don't science well as one would hope and expect considering their education. Dr Prasad (A YT Channel I recommend...) is an MD who actually does the science thing very well, but most don't. I'm often stunned at some of the comments made by MDs that's not supported by the science, and these outbursts he's covering demonstrate that in spades. That's not a good look for the medical community...

However, I find even he and other very smart docs, still overlooking the key aspect of what drives the serious complications and death - and likely long covid - and that's a huge ongoing missed opportunity:

https://brinkzone.com/life-saving-st...complications/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I find it very funny, aggravating, infuriating (keep adding your own adjectives) that never once has anyone brought an industrial hygienist to the podium to explain how masks and masking actually work.

N95s protect against larger particles like dust and oil based droplets WHEN CORRECTLY FITTED AND SEALED AND HAVE A LIMITED USE TIME until they become saturated.

To protect against respiratory droplets, you need P100 masks that have a limited time use. TB masks are P100 for example.

Surgical masks are designed to catch sneezes and spittle from entering an open wound during procedures, NOT to provide any respiratory protection. The reason they are used during flu protocols is they are CHEEP (can used in volume) and can help (not stop) droplets of mucous expelled in a sneeze from traveling an average of 30 feet to just the area around the patient. Surgical masks are also not fitted nor capable of being fitted and sealed.

Homemade cloth masks are functionally the same as wrapping a bandana around your face but worse as they become saturated with moisture and provide a growing medium for organisms.

I still have this argument constantly with in or undereducated healthcare providers from techs to nurses to especially doctors that literally know absolutely nothing about this but what they heard the CDC say two years ago which has been proven repeatedly to be a lie or worse. The best was a Psycologist who argued about it with me thinking his MD trumped my knowledge and experience “because he’s a DOCTOR”.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it swim unless it listens. I can’t believe after almost three years and tons of evidence were still even talking about this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    I find it very funny, aggravating, infuriating (keep adding your own adjectives) that never once has anyone brought an industrial hygienist to the podium to explain how masks and masking actually work.

N95s protect against larger particles like dust and oil based droplets WHEN CORRECTLY FITTED AND SEALED AND HAVE A LIMITED USE TIME until they become saturated.

To protect against respiratory droplets, you need P100 masks that have a limited time use. TB masks are P100 for example.

Surgical masks are designed to catch sneezes and spittle from entering an open wound during procedures, NOT to provide any respiratory protection. The reason they are used during flu protocols is they are CHEEP (can used in volume) and can help (not stop) droplets of mucous expelled in a sneeze from traveling an average of 30 feet to just the area around the patient. Surgical masks are also not fitted nor capable of being fitted and sealed.

Homemade cloth masks are functionally the same as wrapping a bandana around your face but worse as they become saturated with moisture and provide a growing medium for organisms.

I still have this argument constantly with in or undereducated healthcare providers from techs to nurses to especially doctors that literally know absolutely nothing about this but what they heard the CDC say two years ago which has been proven repeatedly to be a lie or worse. The best was a Psycologist who argued about it with me thinking his MD trumped my knowledge and experience “because he’s a DOCTOR”.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it swim unless it listens. I can’t believe after almost three years and tons of evidence were still even talking about this crap.

N95 is rated down to .3 microns, and studies show it prevents approx 95% of covid, if, as you point out, it's fitted correctly. Some like to point out covid is smaller then that, but it does not float around as a single virus, but in droplets far larger then that.

While some covid can make it through, what an industrial hygienist may not be aware of is that what's called the "inoculate dose" which means the actual amount exposed to is a major variable to not just if you get infected, but how sick you may get. Hence, reducing the inoculate dose still has big benefits. Combined with social distancing, it drops even further.

The N95, fitted correctly, is far better than nothing. The rest are just slightly better than nothing, but sill better then nothing. A good article on the science/physics of it:

https://www.wired.com/story/the-phys...n95-face-mask/

Studies of interest:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...142-9/fulltext
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7184463/
    https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0203/v1

(1) My take personally is that under controlled conditions, masks are clearly a benefit to greatly reducing covid infection and spread, in the wild, where people don't fit them right, use them right, etc, etc, has shown to have minimal benefits, but will for the individual does it right.

(2) The current strains are so infectious yet so much less pathogenic (the usual route for a respiratory virus) there's no way to avoid exposure and a low likelihood for serious complications and death, unless you have co morbidity that put you at high risk. At this point for most people, masks are a waste of time. What people should do, is focus on good health and innate immunity, cus they're going to get exposed one way or another at this point.

I'm not even gonna mention the vax issue as that will go no place fast.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We'll just have to disagree, who is he to say refusal to vaccinate is irresponsible? The vacination risk / reward is a personal choice and saying it is irresponsible is quite frankly BS at this point.

As far as the MD's ranting on twitter over contracting, the only thing I have to say is but you're vaccinated, how is it possible you contracted the virus? My vaccination protects me, not you.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    N95 is rated down to .3 microns, and studies show it prevents approx 95% of covid, if, as you point out, it's fitted correctly. Some like to point out covid is smaller then that, but it does not float around as a single virus, but in droplets far larger then that.

While some covid can make it through, what an industrial hygienist may not be aware of is that what's called the "inoculate dose" which means the actual amount exposed to is a major variable to not just if you get infected, but how sick you may get. Hence, reducing the inoculate dose still has big benefits. Combined with social distancing, it drops even further.

The N95, fitted correctly, is far better than nothing. The rest are just slightly better than nothing, but sill better then nothing. A good article on the science/physics of it:

https://www.wired.com/story/the-phys...n95-face-mask/

Studies of interest:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...142-9/fulltext
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7184463/
    https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0203/v1

(1) My take personally is that under controlled conditions, masks are clearly a benefit to greatly reducing covid infection and spread, in the wild, where people don't fit them right, use them right, etc, etc, has shown to have minimal benefits, but will for the individual does it right.

(2) The current strains are so infectious yet so much less pathogenic (the usual route for a respiratory virus) there's no way to avoid exposure and a low likelihood for serious complications and death, unless you have co morbidity that put you at high risk. At this point for most people, masks are a waste of time. What people should do, is focus on good health and innate immunity, cus they're going to get exposed one way or another at this point.

I'm not even gonna mention the vax issue as that will go no place fast.
    Nope. I agree with you. I also glossed over a lot. But the main point is that people and medicos are so insane about wearing surgical masks that effectively do nothing when it comes to respiratory protection. And the KN95 masks people have bought and wear are not constructed from the same materials and standards as N95 masks and provide the same level of protection as a surgical mask.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Nope. I agree with you. I also glossed over a lot. But the main point is that people and medicos are so insane about wearing surgical masks that effectively do nothing when it comes to respiratory protection. And the KN95 masks people have bought and wear are not constructed from the same materials and standards as N95 masks and provide the same level of protection as a surgical mask.

The only thing they do as we both know is help protect the other person from your droplets, but of both parties are wearing them and social distancing, the amount of those droplets floating around are reduced that is a net benefit. It requires all parties to do it, and any short of P100 fitted correctly, works best of all parties wear them, hence why some in the med community got angry (see vid....) when only some did it and some did not.

But, per the data, in free living humans, masks seemed to have minimal benefits as to population spread. They may have reduced the severity (via reduction in initial dose exposures) and rate of spread, but that will be very difficult to study with any certainty. When it was at its peak, and Delta was dominant strain, I wore an N100 properly fitted as that strain was no joke and almost killed a perfectly healthy friend of mine.

Now that the strains are far less pathogenic and that much more infectious, masks are waste of time but for those with co morbidity, but fact remains if all of us did the mask thing, we'd help protect those with co morbidity better.

That again comes down to how much we care about our fellow humans as it applies to our own inconveniences or not. I do understand both sides that issue, but also know it's not a matter of it but when everyone will be exposed to these current highly infectious versions.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-19-22 at 09:10.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I see the mask fukktards are out and about again. I mean... WOW!! Quarantine didn't work, Masks didn't work, and the Vaccine Far and Away was worthless. Almost everyone got the virus anyway.

Yet the mongoloids will still repeat the same failed "precautions" again because they're complete idiots with ZERO critical thinking ability.

Like scout pointed out. A high level of Protection (that is unrealistic for normal life) is what it would take to actually prevent the virus. So why waste time on brainless fake solutions?
    Last edited by markm; 07-19-22 at 13:42.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The CDC is equivalent to the UVALDE Police Chief. Bureaucratic imbeciles posing as authority.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The CDC is equivalent to the UVALDE Police Chief. Bureaucratic imbeciles posing as authority.
    I’d say that is the best description of the CDC I have heard.

The government RESPONSE to C19 was/is purely political and has very little to do with “science”. It was used by the Left to divide and control the citizenry while stealing an election. With the midterms coming up and the ComDems’ approval ratings in free fall I expect more C19 or the next pandemic of the week idiocy to pop up. Was C19 itself dangerous? Absolutely, my healthy 26 year old daughter almost died from it.
    Last edited by flenna; 07-23-22 at 12:10.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another excellent vid from Dr Prasad, one of the few science based docs who has called out those who made the Covid response FUBAR regardless of affiliations, etc, etc:

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast