Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My favorite SBR/Cabine optic (non-magnified)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "I noticed most of your guns you've posted photos of don't have white lights on them. Are you concerned with the light giving your position away to the bad guys?"
    None of the guns posted is my home defense firearm. HD gun has a light.
    The ones shown are what I shoot out in the AZ desert during daytime only.

"If I may respectfully inquire, what was the purpose to sharing with the internet about your favorite optic, through an image existing on its own thread?"
    Just bored I guess. Sorry. I promise to not do it again.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have never seen one of those optics, learn something everyday. Whats is it called, gotta a name?

This thread has just confused me entirely.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My favorite SBR/Cabine optic (non-magnified)

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    ….Why I like M21: no batteries, no switches, large field of view/30mm lens, built well. IDF...
    Interesting…. Can one buy it here in the US?
    Last edited by 202; 07-19-22 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My favorite SBR/Cabine optic (non-magnified)

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    ….Just bored I guess. Sorry. I promise to not do it again….
    On the contrary, do it again.
    We like pictures, and on this thread I learned about an optic I have never seen before.
    We are here to share our experiences, discuss our choices and learn from each other.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Which reticle did you choose as i have thought about putting one of these on a Tavor 7?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Don't pretend to be entitled to financial compensation if you or a loved one hasn't even been diagnosed with mesothelioma
    Bro. Tell the VA that your dick don’t work ever since you walked by that pile of burning medical waste in Balad that included amputated limbs. They’ll give you pills that help you slam guts for like 4hrs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MEPROLIGHT M21 - mine has the triangle reticle

Quote from Brownells:
    The M21 Reflex sight provides constant, all-light aiming capability, without batteries. Designed through close collaboration with Israeli Special Forces, the M21 was the first reflex sight in the world designed for close quarter combat.

It is battle proven, reflexive to use, deadly accurate, and totally reliable. Standard Sight on Israeli Military Tavor and M16/M4 rifles. The M21 features a large 30mm diameter lens which allows rapid target acquisition with both eyes open. Reticle illumination is achieved by a protected fiber optic light collector system during the day, and by a miniature self-powered tritium light source at night. Transition between the two systems is instantaneous and automatic to assure good contrast between the aiming dot and the target area.

This reflex sight offers shooters the ability to acquire targets accurately at any range, in any situation, with both eyes open. It is also designed to work with a magnifier. The M21 is the optic of choice for the Israeli Defense Forces.

Always ready for action – no batteries or switches.
    Reflexive, parallax-free aiming with both eyes open and focused on the target.
    Self-illumination adjusts to ambient light.
    Reticle designed to be visible under all conditions.
    Operates under all weather and temperature conditions.
    Night Vision Compatable
    Large 30mm diameter lens with state-of-the-art coatings assures large FOV.
    Armored design for hard combat use.
    Sight is black and grey, no white or bright colored fiber optic tubes exposed.
    Increases accuracy and speed when firing under pressure.
    Quick-release Picatinny mount retains zero.

Even works real good on furrin gunz...
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 07-21-22 at 09:55.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Do you have any experience with the older Trijicon reflex sights? (RX01, etc.)

I'm curious how well the Meprolight compares. Specifically, issues such as reticle washout and the fact that the glass required a significant blue tint.

I like the idea of "always on" and battery free and have considered Trijicon the benchmark for fiber optics. If you have any experience with the older Trij's and the Meprolight, I'd love to hear your thoughts on both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm curious how well the Meprolight compares. Specifically, issues such as reticle washout and the fact that the glass required a significant blue tint.

I like the idea of "always on" and battery free and have considered Trijicon the benchmark for fiber optics. If you have any experience with the older Trij's and the Meprolight, I'd love to hear your thoughts on both.
    Don't know about reticle washout, but the glass is VERY heavily blue tinted.

https://www.blacksheepwarrior.com/me...ht-m21-review/
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I do.

I'd be very curious as to how the Meprolight does in the evening.

My experience with solar/tritium optics has been that, at night, they illuminate about like a set of trits on a handgun, ie., to quote noonesshowmonkey, "Not. Good."

FO sights are phenomenal day optics, but the operative word there is, "day."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast