Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk Me Out of a Tisas

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Talk Me Out of a Tisas

I have a LW Commander and a Garrison.

I would like a GI pattern 1911 for casual use and a blem Tisas "US Army" pistol would run me under $400 out the door. I am strongly tempted. It will never be actual issue 1911, but the value on those has reached the stratosphere and I am not that committed.

Other than being a cheap copy made in Turkey, what are the negatives?

Andy

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Actually there's not one. The ones that I've seen and shot a little have been solid. To me the amzing thing with these modern cheap 1911's is they are generally more reliable than the Colts I had in the 80's and 90's without work. Back in the day if you wanted to shoot hollow points you had to have it throated. and for 1911 9mm's? Wasn't worth the hassle. So for the price it's a win in my book.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    I have no knowledge of Tisas quality but it is $400 you could put toward something else. I tried to talk you out of it.

Feedback Score
    The SDS Importer is based here in Knoxville and I've been tempted to get a 9MM version. I keep talking myself out of it by saying that's $400.00 bucks I can spend on ammo.

Times being what they are now, I'm buying ammo. I already have more guns than I "NEED".

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    Get it!

The best, "Best Buy". out there today!

Forged frame, slide and a CHF barrel!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I had what may be best described as a moment of clarity and remembered I need sights, holsters, trigger kits, reloading components, and ammunition for the pistols I have. Then I realized I can wait to get another 1911

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I had what may be best described as a moment of clarity and remembered I need sights, holsters, trigger kits, reloading components, and ammunition for the pistols I have. Then I realized I can wait to get another 1911

Andy
    IMO, you came to the right decision. There are lots of cool pistols out there right now but then I realize that I don't have enough time to get as good with just one of them as I would like to be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Purchased the basic Tisas Zig a few years back. Built like a tank. Replaced that crazy factory 23 lb. spring with a 16 then later a 12. That 23 was insane. Smoothed and cleaned the action and trigger a little. Installed Ergo Warrior grips. Great 1911. Believe it was July 2014 for 400.00 shipped and 20.00 lifetime warranty from Bud's.

Feedback Score
    I’ve only heard good things about Tisas 1911s. A friend got one and put some original NOS fiberlite grips on it. Looks great. He says it runs great too.

Feedback Score
    The sights are not big enough. You won't be able to see them. Glad I could help.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast