Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk Me Out of a Tisas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullz View Post
    don't really need it though.
    That's blasphemy! You don't have to justify a gun purchase. Even if you do, just be creative and make something up.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 400 bucks will turn into another $1K if the gun runs decent. First the sights (dove tail cut, etc.) Then a trigger. Then as those upgrades draw you further in, a new hammer and grip safety will be needed. Then grips... and on and on. You feel me?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Normally, I'd agree with you. In the case of a GI Tisas... that's a gun you have to enjoy for what it is: A GI type 1911 that you can kick the sh!t and never feel bad about it. And it runs too... This thing could fall out of a deer stand and I wouldn't care. The gun probably wouldn't care either.

I will say this, I have a Dan Wesson competition tuned PointMan that is absolutely astounding. If I knew I was going to spend $1,400ish on a 1911... I would just do something like, knowing what excellence is supposed to feel like. But all that gun is good for is the range... the trigger is just too sensitive for any practical application.

Feedback Score
    What alluminum frame models are they making now?

I checked Tisas web site but I guess I missed it.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I have one of the 9mm commander sized rail guns and the recoil spring is way over sprung, and the mags are meh at best. Replace the spring and use quality mags and you should be okay.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I have one of the 9mm commander sized rail guns and the recoil spring is way over sprung, and the mags are meh at best. Replace the spring and use quality mags and you should be okay.
    Hehe....just replace the recoil spring and get better mags. And install better sights, have it dovetailed if necessary. The trigger could use some cleaning up and safety plunger, too.

Get the grips you prefer and smooth out the few sharp edges. The hammer cast so you might want to replace that...

I'm just kidding, sorta, I want one or two. I have NO 1911's.

Feedback Score
    Garbage internet advice inbound...

Don't buy a TISAS expecting it to be a thoroughbred, because it isn't. It's a quality built, mass produced, and low cost 1911. It offer a lot of value (in my opinion) at it's price point ($300 - $400). But it doesn't offer the refinement of more expensive 1911s - which brings with them hand fitting, machined small parts, and often custom tuning. I would strongly advise that if you want a refined 1911, buy a refined 1911 - unless you're the kind of person who likes to tinker and mess around with it yourself. Which is fine. It's all about aligning expectations.

I wouldn't have bother filing down the edges on mine if they weren't causing me discomfort. They were never "sharp" feeling, it was all nicely machined. But it was enough to rub my hand raw after a while... it wasn't something to bitch about... Just make it work and move on. I also painted the front blade with some gold nail polish paint. I found the GI sights hard to pick up quickly when they were all the same color.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    This one looks pretty sweet with a few goodies already!! I've looked @ the SDS GI in 45acp for 4 months,($319.00) LOL, and fighting NOT to buy it. I looked them up again just now and this came up,,,, rut-row, LOL !!!
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/sds-...carry-b9r-425/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    This one looks pretty sweet with a few goodies already!! I've looked @ the SDS GI in 45acp for 4 months,($319.00) LOL, and fighting NOT to buy it. I looked them up again just now and this came up,,,, rut-row, LOL !!!
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/sds-...carry-b9r-425/
    For $319 you could beat the shit out of it and have fun doing it. Not my cup of tea, I would go $800 for a Range office with same attitude, but you might get lucky and it run like crazy. If you can work on 1911's you could have some fun. Hell Ive spent $300 on dinner that was no fun at all so....go for it and keep us posted.

I saw one in one LGS but it was high $400's, but that is a gun range prices.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Andy, did you ever buy one? I would have tried to talk you out of it but maybe it worked out for you. You can get lucky and buy a cheap gun and it runs like a horse, if your lucky.

PB
    I did not buy one. I realized I have 2 other 1911s I don't shoot enough.

Andy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast