Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What can you ACTUALLY legally do here?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What can you ACTUALLY legally do here?

https://youtu.be/kN6jZKrzOmo

Mr. Guns&Gear..a member here & all around mensch...just posted this disturbing video.
    BRAVADO ASIDE- Im looking for actual legal responses to this..can you actually tell them to FO & just shut the door?
    Do they legally have a right to do this without a warrant?
    If you told them NO- then they tried to come in..could you use deadly force against them legally?
    Anyone here actually have this happen or know someone who has? What happened?
    This is something I think we need to know, & figure out before it happens to me/us. I think this will be common in the future ,always "just checking", "for safety reasons" and/or their favorite line.. "for the children, is it locked up? just need to check real quick then we outta here".
    Looking LEGAL responses please.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-20-22 at 13:33.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Legally, you CAN refuse to answer any questions, you CAN refuse to show them anything, and you CAN ask them to leave until such time as they return with a search warrant (which won't happen). They were on a fishing expedition, were somewhat coercive, and failed to inform the homeowner that he has the right to refuse to show any weapons.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Legally, you CAN refuse to answer any questions, you CAN refuse to show them anything, and you CAN ask them to leave until such time as they return with a search warrant (which won't happen). They were on a fishing expedition, were somewhat coercive, and failed to inform the homeowner that he has the right to refuse to show any weapons.
    Thank you..QUESTION: Did, or did not, SCOTUS just rule a couple or three weeks back, that officers did NOT have to read Miranda until a suspect, I believe, is booked?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thank you..QUESTION: Did, or did not, SCOTUS just rule a couple or three weeks back, that officers did NOT have to read Miranda until a suspect, I believe, is booked?
    Don't know the answer to that, but I have read that courts have ruled that agents are required to inform you that you have the right to refuse to provide certain evidence when that is the case.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Best I know, if they don't have a warrant, you can tell them to go outside and play hide and go f*ck yourself.

Maybe be a little more polite about it, but yeah.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Got warrant? Bye, have nice day and stay safe out there.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My first response is always going to be, did I call the police? No? Did they knock and announce they had a search warrant? No? Then why would I want to acknowledge their presence at all? They're obviously not there to mow my lawn or tell me I won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, right? So what possible benefit am I going to derive from even getting out of my chair?

But then again I'm a rather incurious person and maybe you're not? There's always option two:

What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No warrant, no entry. I don't have anything illegal in my home and I'm not gonna do their job for them by consenting to a baseless search.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    My first response is always going to be, did I call the police? No? Did they knock and announce they had a search warrant? No? Then why would I want to acknowledge their presence at all? They're obviously not there to mow my lawn or tell me I won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, right? So what possible benefit am I going to derive from even getting out of my chair?

But then again I'm a rather incurious person and maybe you're not? There's always option two:

He was very polite

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Also let this thread serve as a reminder that the only people you are obligated to show tax stamp/trust info to for NFA items is the ATF and in very rare circumstances the IRS. Nosy cops and range staff have no business or authority to see them.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast