Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He ate only McDonald's for 90 Days...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are there any decent calorie-counting apps that don’t share/sell your information? (I’m happy to pay with money, even lots of it, but I’m not paying with my privacy.)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    To be fair, he stated that the students HAD to include 15 specific vitamins/nutrients/etc in each meal. It's a little more complicated than just stuffing French fries in your face until you get 2000 calories.

There IS a difference between 2000 calories of sugar, and 2000 calories of decent nutrition.
    But per vid, he was clear it was not about eating french fries below recs to lose weight, but with some planning a and actual thought, one can lose weight, and experience objective improvements in health related labs, while eating only at McDonalds if you control for cals. Per comments in the OP, would not be my recommended approach, but he demonstrated the idea well. He'd still have lost weight on fries alone too but likley not experienced the metabolic improvements.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sproc View Post
    Are there any decent calorie-counting apps that don’t share/sell your information? (I’m happy to pay with money, even lots of it, but I’m not paying with my privacy.)
    Check out the Lose It! app, I have been using it for about 2 years now. I’ve lost 30 pounds and kept it off and to be honest I really don’t need to use it anymore since eating healthy and right portions is just second nature now. But I do anyway as it is just a habit and I kind of still enjoy it. It tracks calories consumed and burned (tracks exercise too) and can even work out a plan to get to your weight goal.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Indeed. But, his approach was designed to be as unhealthy as possible. The bias was extreme. The results were unsurprising. McDonalds sold various salads during that time, and a fruit and yogurt parfait, along with water, but he wanted to make sure everyone knew that eating cheeseburgers with giant fry piles and buckets of soda was the only way. You could even substitute sliced apples or house salads for fries with meals.
    Oh yeah, absolutely. he wasn't there to prove you can eat McD's and be healthy but rather otherwise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123