Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He ate only McDonald's for 90 Days...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

He ate only McDonald's for 90 Days...

He proved the hypothesis that calories are what matter most for weight loss and his labs improved also. Note, he has kept it off a year, and that's the more difficult part. He should be congratulated and he's 100% correct, there's no such thing as a "bad" food but foods that should be limited. While that's certainly not the route I'd recommend people go for losing weight, he did good by his students and those who think the "secret" to weight loss is via Magical Macro Manipulations (TM) pushed by "gurus."

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I saw on the news where some guy is doing the same thing with Taco Bell.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I saw on the news where some guy is doing the same thing with Taco Bell.
    Which just demonstrates that the energy in/energy out model is the major driver of weight loss. It's a lot more complex then that under the hood, but it's still accurate.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    One of my old managers used to talk about a study where some high activity water sports team ate complete garbage.. burgers/fries, etc. But due to their high activity, they were as healthy as could be.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    One of my old managers used to talk about a study where some high activity water sports team ate complete garbage.. burgers/fries, etc. But due to their high activity, they were as healthy as could be.
    Lots of high level athletes eat like crap. That's very common. Their age, genetics, and activity levels allow them to get away with it for a time. They'd likely be even better if their nutrition didn't suck.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I’ve lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for almost two years using a calorie counter app. I also intermittent fast (no breakfast) along with abstaining from fast food, which I abhor anyway. I do believe the energy in/energy out is number one in losing weight and keeping it off.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I’ve lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for almost two years using a calorie counter app. I also intermittent fast (no breakfast)
    The concept of 'intermittent fasting' is what I find curious. You nailed it, it's merely skipping breakfast for the most part. If one stops eating at say 8pm and then eats again at 8 am, Wow ! You just completed a 12 hour fast ! And if you're busy and can't grab a meal till noon, then double wow, a 16 hour fast! The whole idea of this new weight loss phenomena is just nonsense, I've been doing this for years and not realizing it .

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    The concept of 'intermittent fasting' is what I find curious. You nailed it, it's merely skipping breakfast for the most part. If one stops eating at say 8pm and then eats again at 8 am, Wow ! You just completed a 12 hour fast ! And if you're busy and can't grab a meal till noon, then double wow, a 16 hour fast! The whole idea of this new weight loss phenomena is just nonsense, I've been doing this for years and not realizing it .
    FYI: There's now been several large studies that ran a full year, and find no benefits from IF as it applies to weight loss vs traditional approaches:

https://brinkzone.com/intermittent-fasting-study/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    FYI: There's now been several large studies that ran a full year, and find no benefits from IF as it applies to weight loss vs traditional approaches:

https://brinkzone.com/intermittent-fasting-study/
    The biggest benefit to intermittent fasting, i.e. skipping breakfast, is that it helps me control my daily calories. It is fairly easy to keep under 1500 calories a day with no breakfast, a light lunch and a good dinner.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    The biggest benefit to intermittent fasting, i.e. skipping breakfast, is that it helps me control my daily calories. It is fairly easy to keep under 1500 calories a day with no breakfast, a light lunch and a good dinner.
    Which makes sense, but many think there's magic in IF, and there's not (as it applies to weight loss) , which is why when they match cals and compare to traditional dieting, no differences, hence what I said in the article "If you find IF works for you and helps get the fat off, then no harm done and carry on..."
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast