Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He ate only McDonald's for 90 Days...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve always found some of the perceptions about fast food to be askew. For example, read the napkin at a Subway. It compares the least calorically dense subs to the most calorically dense fast-food cheeseburgers. Now, look at the calories for what you actually eat. Tuna with cheese and mayo on flatbread might have more calories than that hamburger.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve always found some of the perceptions about fast food to be askew. For example, read the napkin at a Subway. It compares the least calorically dense subs to the most calorically dense fast-food cheeseburgers. Now, look at the calories for what you actually eat. Tuna with cheese and mayo on flatbread might have more calories than that hamburger.
    People often fail to understand those issues, and surprised they are gaining weight yet "eating good."
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    People often fail to understand those issues, and surprised they are gaining weight yet "eating good."
    Yup, if anything, “Supersize Me” “Jared” and a few other things have been good reminders of how influenceable people are via propaganda vs unbiased facts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    One of the things that surprised me when I started using the Lose It calorie app a couple of years ago was how easy it is to over eat in a day. With folks who eat out regularly I can see a 3000+ calorie day being easily attainable.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Yup, if anything, “Supersize Me” “Jared” and a few other things have been good reminders of how influenceable people are via propaganda vs unbiased facts.
    My take away from 'Supersize Me' was his serial labs: they got perfectly awful over time; plus, if I recall, his energy level tanked, he just felt crappy.

Feedback Score
    To be fair, he stated that the students HAD to include 15 specific vitamins/nutrients/etc in each meal. It's a little more complicated than just stuffing French fries in your face until you get 2000 calories.

There IS a difference between 2000 calories of sugar, and 2000 calories of decent nutrition.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    My take away from 'Supersize Me' was his serial labs: they got perfectly awful over time; plus, if I recall, his energy level tanked, he just felt crappy.
    Indeed. But, his approach was designed to be as unhealthy as possible. The bias was extreme. The results were unsurprising. McDonalds sold various salads during that time, and a fruit and yogurt parfait, along with water, but he wanted to make sure everyone knew that eating cheeseburgers with giant fry piles and buckets of soda was the only way. You could even substitute sliced apples or house salads for fries with meals.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    FYI: There's now been several large studies that ran a full year, and find no benefits from IF as it applies to weight loss vs traditional approaches:

https://brinkzone.com/intermittent-fasting-study/
    Do you have any recent studies on longer fasts of more than 24 hours?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Indeed. But, his approach was designed to be as unhealthy as possible. The bias was extreme. The results were unsurprising. McDonalds sold various salads during that time, and a fruit and yogurt parfait, along with water, but he wanted to make sure everyone knew that eating cheeseburgers with giant fry piles and buckets of soda was the only way. You could even substitute sliced apples or house salads for fries with meals.
    All he demonstrated was that by eating like too many typical American's he succeeded in getting fat and unhealthy, like other typical Americans. Ground breaking nutritional science it was not...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Do you have any recent studies on longer fasts of more than 24 hours?
    Off the top of my head I don't. Would have to take a look. Dr Stanfield has generally solid science based info and is a big fan of fasting:

https://www.youtube.com/c/DrBradStan...?query=fasting
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast