Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Dicken Drill Thread

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Mark, wasn’t it you that told me; “handgun shooting's a perishable skill, have to stay with it”?!?

: )
    Nah. That's a bunch of liberal propaganda.

Now I have to repeat until I figure it out. The 40 cal snap didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I'm going to shoot the drill with both my G22 and my son's G19x to see if I can isolate the problem. I'd love to think the ammo was part of the issue, but I doubt that's the case.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It helps to have a known/verified zero. I use 25 yds.
    And it’s certainly doable with irons, but a RD makes it pretty simple.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It helps to have a known/verified zero. I use 25 yds.
    And it’s certainly doable with irons, but a RD makes it pretty simple.
    Absolutely. My G22 has nice target sights, and I've shot it extensively over the years in my training/classes. It was a disappointment to stink up the drill as badly as I did. I ran out of ammo yesterday because I only brought out 40 rounds. So I couldn't shoot off the bench to make sure the ammo is acceptable. I have run 40 smith ammo in the past that had horrible accuracy. I ran one loose Win Ranger HP on the plate rack and that round was perfect POA/POI.

I am interested in running my son's Glock head to head to see if I shoot one significantly different than the other... so back at it next weekend.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I ran the drill with my P365XL with Holosun dot. Got 9 hits in 10.21 seconds. Was pretty happy with that but I'm going to slow down next week a few seconds and try to tighten the group up and not miss. Fun to play with drill making you better. Always can get better.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I used to think 25 yards was a long way with a pistol… 8/10 with my MP9-RMR gun and half that with my new 365X that I’m still working out my grip on.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I went 10 for 10 with my son's gun with crude stock night sights. I went 9 for 10 on my G22 with target sights.

I ended up shooting my Win ammo on steel at 40 yards of the sand bag, and the ammo is not very accurate... (well over a 12" spread of the sand bag) I would have been able to keep these all in a paper plate years ago. I think my ammo is a little sucky, and my shooting could also use some practice too.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You raise a good point Mark, ammo or load selection becomes more important at this distance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    You raise a good point Mark, ammo or load selection becomes more important at this distance.
    I'm tempted to shoot the drill with older Hollow point/GOOD ammo. If I'm sloppy there, I know I'm rusty.

I mean... I know I don't shoot my G22 enough, but not bad enough to go 9/10 on that big ass target. Time really isn't an issue. We never fail on time, and I really did some decent trigger take up last weekend.

Feedback Score

I actually thought Taran would shoot it better than that. I think it does go to show that blaster ammo and 40 yards and a ‘duty’ pistol are going to have issues- which makes the Dicken performance even more incredible…

I have 3000+ rounds of 22lr coming and two G44s that need breaking in. I need a lot of practice and I think that is what I’ll focus on in the next few months.

I actually wore-out/broke my MP-22 pistol. It was basically falling apart and the springs were all loose. Then I got a bore brush stuck in it. It Key holes every shot at even short ranges.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I actually thought Taran would shoot it better than that. I think it does go to show that blaster ammo and 40 yards and a ‘duty’ pistol are going to have issues- which makes the Dicken performance even more incredible…

I have 3000+ rounds of 22lr coming and two G44s that need breaking in. I need a lot of practice and I think that is what I’ll focus on in the next few months.

I actually wore-out/broke my MP-22 pistol. It was basically falling apart and the springs were all loose. Then I got a bore brush stuck in it. It Key holes every shot at even short ranges.
    frommycolddeadhand, Is that M&P pistol / handgun or one of their pistol-rifles with brace? My "AR 22" shoots great but I dont have 8 million rounds through it like you.

I thought he shot it pretty darn good albeit not a very small gun. Still he smoked it. I have not shot it with my full sized gun or a G19 or larger sized gun. Only my P365XL

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-23-22 at 18:18.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast