Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Dicken Drill Thread

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Mark, wasn’t it you that told me; “handgun shooting's a perishable skill, have to stay with it”?!?

: )
    Nah. That's a bunch of liberal propaganda.

Now I have to repeat until I figure it out. The 40 cal snap didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I'm going to shoot the drill with both my G22 and my son's G19x to see if I can isolate the problem. I'd love to think the ammo was part of the issue, but I doubt that's the case.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    It helps to have a known/verified zero. I use 25 yds.
    And it’s certainly doable with irons, but a RD makes it pretty simple.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It helps to have a known/verified zero. I use 25 yds.
    And it’s certainly doable with irons, but a RD makes it pretty simple.
    Absolutely. My G22 has nice target sights, and I've shot it extensively over the years in my training/classes. It was a disappointment to stink up the drill as badly as I did. I ran out of ammo yesterday because I only brought out 40 rounds. So I couldn't shoot off the bench to make sure the ammo is acceptable. I have run 40 smith ammo in the past that had horrible accuracy. I ran one loose Win Ranger HP on the plate rack and that round was perfect POA/POI.

I am interested in running my son's Glock head to head to see if I shoot one significantly different than the other... so back at it next weekend.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I ran the drill with my P365XL with Holosun dot. Got 9 hits in 10.21 seconds. Was pretty happy with that but I'm going to slow down next week a few seconds and try to tighten the group up and not miss. Fun to play with drill making you better. Always can get better.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I used to think 25 yards was a long way with a pistol… 8/10 with my MP9-RMR gun and half that with my new 365X that I’m still working out my grip on.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I went 10 for 10 with my son's gun with crude stock night sights. I went 9 for 10 on my G22 with target sights.

I ended up shooting my Win ammo on steel at 40 yards of the sand bag, and the ammo is not very accurate... (well over a 12" spread of the sand bag) I would have been able to keep these all in a paper plate years ago. I think my ammo is a little sucky, and my shooting could also use some practice too.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    You raise a good point Mark, ammo or load selection becomes more important at this distance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    You raise a good point Mark, ammo or load selection becomes more important at this distance.
    I'm tempted to shoot the drill with older Hollow point/GOOD ammo. If I'm sloppy there, I know I'm rusty.

I mean... I know I don't shoot my G22 enough, but not bad enough to go 9/10 on that big ass target. Time really isn't an issue. We never fail on time, and I really did some decent trigger take up last weekend.

Feedback Score

I actually thought Taran would shoot it better than that. I think it does go to show that blaster ammo and 40 yards and a ‘duty’ pistol are going to have issues- which makes the Dicken performance even more incredible…

I have 3000+ rounds of 22lr coming and two G44s that need breaking in. I need a lot of practice and I think that is what I’ll focus on in the next few months.

I actually wore-out/broke my MP-22 pistol. It was basically falling apart and the springs were all loose. Then I got a bore brush stuck in it. It Key holes every shot at even short ranges.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I actually thought Taran would shoot it better than that. I think it does go to show that blaster ammo and 40 yards and a ‘duty’ pistol are going to have issues- which makes the Dicken performance even more incredible…

I have 3000+ rounds of 22lr coming and two G44s that need breaking in. I need a lot of practice and I think that is what I’ll focus on in the next few months.

I actually wore-out/broke my MP-22 pistol. It was basically falling apart and the springs were all loose. Then I got a bore brush stuck in it. It Key holes every shot at even short ranges.
    frommycolddeadhand, Is that M&P pistol / handgun or one of their pistol-rifles with brace? My "AR 22" shoots great but I dont have 8 million rounds through it like you.

I thought he shot it pretty darn good albeit not a very small gun. Still he smoked it. I have not shot it with my full sized gun or a G19 or larger sized gun. Only my P365XL

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-23-22 at 18:18.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast