Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: M4C Dicken Drill Thread

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Mark, wasn’t it you that told me; “handgun shooting's a perishable skill, have to stay with it”?!?

: )
    Nah. That's a bunch of liberal propaganda.

Now I have to repeat until I figure it out. The 40 cal snap didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I'm going to shoot the drill with both my G22 and my son's G19x to see if I can isolate the problem. I'd love to think the ammo was part of the issue, but I doubt that's the case.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    It helps to have a known/verified zero. I use 25 yds.
    And it’s certainly doable with irons, but a RD makes it pretty simple.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It helps to have a known/verified zero. I use 25 yds.
    And it’s certainly doable with irons, but a RD makes it pretty simple.
    Absolutely. My G22 has nice target sights, and I've shot it extensively over the years in my training/classes. It was a disappointment to stink up the drill as badly as I did. I ran out of ammo yesterday because I only brought out 40 rounds. So I couldn't shoot off the bench to make sure the ammo is acceptable. I have run 40 smith ammo in the past that had horrible accuracy. I ran one loose Win Ranger HP on the plate rack and that round was perfect POA/POI.

I am interested in running my son's Glock head to head to see if I shoot one significantly different than the other... so back at it next weekend.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I ran the drill with my P365XL with Holosun dot. Got 9 hits in 10.21 seconds. Was pretty happy with that but I'm going to slow down next week a few seconds and try to tighten the group up and not miss. Fun to play with drill making you better. Always can get better.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112