Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Dicken Drill Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's funny. I remember taking my first advanced handgun course where we shot at 50 and 100. We were already doing this in the desert all the time with pistol on our rifle targets.

The instructors thought I was a rock star. We only needed to get 2 hits with no time or round count limit at 50... and just try 100. I though NOTHING of it at the time. I didn't think I was hot shit or anything... I mean... just shoot the target.
    I usually start or end my range sessions with some on my 90 yard target. It was never any big deal.

(EDIT : Rumble links don’t work for embedding)

If that link doesn’t work…https://rumble.com/v1f0eq9-after-aug...the-timer.html
    Last edited by Henny; 08-11-22 at 05:37.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Is any hit on this target a qualifying shot?? We were shooting to where only the centermost shots would count.
    Yep. Any 8 hits out of 10, under 15 sec. is a PASS mark.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yep. Any 8 hits out of 10, under 15 sec. is a PASS mark.
    That slant steel is WAY wider than the target we were trying. Still a challenging drill, but if those hits count, the drill is much less difficult that I thought. I'm bringing out my G22 and giving it a shot this weekend.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That slant steel is WAY wider than the target we were trying. Still a challenging drill, but if those hits count, the drill is much less difficult that I thought. I'm bringing out my G22 and giving it a shot this weekend.
    Yeah, I think it SOUNDS more difficult than it is, this usually for those that haven’t shot 50/40 yds before.
    I see first time guys frequently shooting high, to compensate for the “drop”. : )
    I tell them to stop thinking and hold FS/Dot where they want the bullet to go. At worst you’ll be a couple inches low unless you milk the shot.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The slant target is smaller than paper D zone hits in my estimation. We could measure this week.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you shoot this drill on paper, you can't correct on the fly.... which might be a good thing cuz I know I'll hold off for "glocking" my trigger.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    If you shoot this drill on paper, you can't correct on the fly.... which might be a good thing cuz I know I'll hold off for "glocking" my trigger.
    Oddly I shot better on paper than on steel! I do agree with you though.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So I got a chance to run the drill with one of my RDS pistols. A family member was trying out a new pistol (S&W M&P9 2.0) and I figured I'd try the drill again while I had an opportunity. Admittedly I did fire one magazine worth of ammo through the S&W at 10 yards about thirty minutes prior to running the drill, so I don't count this as "cold". (This was actually shot on 07/30 but I haven't had the chance to update this thread till now).

HK VP9L OR w/ Aimpoint ACRO P1

45 Yards

11.64 Seconds

9 A's

1 Stupid F***ing Ugly "D"

I'm not sure which shot I threw, but I can only assume it was the first shot. I'm pretty butt hurt about it. Oh well..

I knew I'd be more accurate with the RDS, especially as it's on a pistol marketed for accuracy. However, I was NOT expecting the results I got. I'm definitely slower out of the holster than I'd like to be, and usually hover around 1.5 seconds -1.8 seconds shooting inside of 15 yards. I need to work on fixing that when shooting at distance. Both runs were pretty consistent on par time and splits, so I suppose that's good. You guys getting it all sub 10 are killing it.

Red dots should be mandatory on carry guns at this point.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rogue556; 08-14-22 at 21:40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I shot this today wth my G22 and Win White box ammo. I was sucking hind tit. Started 7 for 10 and got worse from there. I'm thinking my policy of shooting my pistol every two years might be hurting my cause. I've never shot to poorly.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Mark, wasn’t it you that told me; “handgun shooting's a perishable skill, have to stay with it”?!?

: )

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast