Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Dicken Drill Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    frommycolddeadhand, Is that M&P pistol / handgun or one of their pistol-rifles with brace? My "AR 22" shoots great but I dont have 8 million rounds through it like you.

I thought he shot it pretty darn good albeit not a very small gun. Still he smoked it. I have not shot it with my full sized gun or a G19 or larger sized gun. Only my P365XL

PB
    Pistol, at least 10 years old.

I will say that Taran seems to have the speed/accuracy dialed in. Plus, I’d wager that if you bet him if he could get all A hits, he could do it.

I know high end 1911s should do 1-2 inch groups at 25 yards. So 4 inches at almost double that, and then with a standard gun and blaster ammo, on a clock. I’d think less than 12 inches would be hard.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I actually thought Taran would shoot it better than that. I think it does go to show that blaster ammo and 40 yards and a ‘duty’ pistol are going to have issues- which makes the Dicken performance even more incredible…
    It's a good drill, very doable, but very hard to shoot excellently. It's something that will make me want to shoot pistol more often because my expectations of how I should shoot it are much better than what I'm seeing right now.

I'd like to be doing it one handed at some point... maybe adding a few seconds to the parameter.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Had a 30 something student come out yesterday. He’d shot this once before and had 3 hits on target.
    I explained Drill to him and offered some encouragement, hold point, concept of proper mental attitude (above and beyond “don’t Fukking miss!”).

Shooting cold he had all 10 hits in 14.85 sec. (seriously). 4-A, 6-C.
    Oh, he was shooting a pretty stock CZ P10c with Green F. O. FS.

I was exceptionally happy for him. I think he took the “dry fire” advise seriously.
    He was pretty pleased.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    G45 RMR 13.57 seconds, 3A /4C, on first attempt. The second was a bit better 12.52 seconds 6A/3C/1D, third attempt 13.18 sec 7A/3C. So, anytime I go the outdoor range, this will practiced more and more.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Had a 30 something student come out yesterday. He’d shot this once before and had 3 hits on target.
    I explained Drill to him and offered some encouragement, hold point, concept of proper mental attitude (above and beyond “don’t Fukking miss!”).

Shooting cold he had all 10 hits in 14.85 sec. (seriously). 4-A, 6-C.
    Oh, he was shooting a pretty stock CZ P10c with Green F. O. FS.

I was exceptionally happy for him. I think he took the “dry fire” advise seriously.
    He was pretty pleased.
    Yea, if you have never heard the buzzer go off and it goes off for the first time, you can panic a bit. But a little coach up from Gaijin and scores improve dramatically. Well done coach.

Any new drill that gets us practicing with a clock is a good thing for us all, good on that kid that got Mark to dust off his pistola.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Ran the drill with 2 different pistols, one with a red dot and the second with irons. I also shot the drill without reading glasses on since I don't walk around with them with me much less on my face.

With red dot I shot it in 11.01 seconds 7 A, 3C.

With the iron sights I shot it in 12,34 seconds 1A, 3C, 5D and 1 who know where it went.

Which is why I only carry a Glock 34 or 35 with Leupold Delta micro any more, getting old eyes sucks.

I also think that the time when using red dots can be cut by maybe up to 25%
    Last edited by yoni; 08-25-22 at 04:45.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yea, if you have never heard the buzzer go off and it goes off for the first time, you can panic a bit.
    The buzzer does at a pinch of pressure to it. And that's a good thing for the drill. There's plenty of time, but the buzzer still increases the hustle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Ran the drill with 2 different pistols, one with a red dot and the second with irons. I also shot the drill without reading glasses on since I don't walk around with them with me much less on my face.

With red dot I shot it in 11.01 seconds 7 A, 3C.

With the iron sights I shot it in 12,34 seconds 1A, 3C, 5D and 1 who know where it went.

Which is why I only carry a Glock 34 or 35 with Leupold Delta micro any more, getting old eyes sucks.

I also think that the time when using red dots can be cut by maybe up to 25%
    I am the same way. All my carry guns and most guns I shoot have dots. Sucks because I have guns I like and don’t won’t mill. Ie FBI custom SA 1911. I can’t buzz on that thing.

Good thing is, dot guns are prevalent these days for us old geezers. Yoni, nice shooting, those are legit numbers.

PB

Feedback Score
    I am the same way. All my carry guns and most guns I shoot have dots. Sucks because I have guns I like and don’t won’t mill. Ie FBI custom SA 1911. I can’t buzz on that thing.

Good thing is, dot guns are prevalent these days for us old geezers. Yoni, nice shooting, those are legit numbers.

PB
    I went slow going for hits over speed. I really think I could get down to sub 8 seconds with the same hits. What this drill did for me is to show me I had neglected shooting at longer distance mainly due to gun range restrictions.

Next project is figure out a way to mount a Leupold Delta micro on my CZ P10F comp.
    Last edited by yoni; 08-25-22 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Cajun Gunworks are CZ masters Yoni.
    They did an RMR/Holosun Direct Mount milling only CZ P10c that is outstanding.

https://cajungunworks.com/cz-parts/
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast