Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Dicken Drill Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I learned a few interesting things:

The mag does not fall out of the G43 if your hand is positioned in such a way to block it - which is very easy to do if you have larger hands. Oddly enough this has never happened before but did today. You’ll see I had to rip the mag out instead of letting it fall.

It’s very time consuming to do a reload with a small magazine out of a loose pocket. Lots of digging and wasted time.
    I've fired many smaller guns and this is a thing with nearly all of them.

A large, long mag can be pulled from a pocket but little mags need a belt-pouch solution.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I’m guilty af of not carrying a reload with the G43.

The mag does not fall out of the G43 if your hand is positioned in such a way to block it - which is very easy to do if you have larger hands. Oddly enough this has never happened before but did today. You’ll see I had to rip the mag out instead of letting it fall.

It’s very time consuming to do a reload with a small magazine out of a loose pocket. Lots of digging and wasted time.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I’m guilty af of not carrying a reload with the G43.
    I'll also publicly admit that I don't carry a reload on my body. I keep a spare G17 mag plus medical and other essentials in the bag that goes to class with me. I only carry a G19 and a TQ on my body.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Wish Granted:

Nice!

Half the time, with one broken thumb, 7 out of 8 with a .22lr J-frame. This just makes me want to try it with my Bobcat .25. (8+1)

But to be authentic relevant to this event we should be using a service caliber. .38 spl. included.

Good video though.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-22-22 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

16.42 seconds
    8/10 impacts
    Two 6rd mags
    G43 with Ameriglos
    40 yards
    STUNT ON THEM!
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 07-22-22 at 16:52.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I’m usually carrying 18+1 so “I dOnT nEeD a ReLoAd” but I frequently carry the G43 when I’m being a lazy POS and need to bring more mags.

Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I'll also publicly admit that I don't carry a reload on my body. I keep a spare G17 mag plus medical and other essentials in the bag that goes to class with me. I only carry a G19 and a TQ on my body.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

16.42 seconds
    8/10 impacts
    Two 6rd mags
    G43 with Ameriglos
    40 yards
    Hell yes Euro.

And yeah, a “pocket reload” is less than ideal for economy of motion. ( :
    The “fishing time” can be considerable.
    I frequently use a NeoMag when I’m carrying minimalist. Not ideal, but you know exactly where it is and which way the mags oriented.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Are we using anything or carry ammo or what?
    I just used my carry ammo. 147gr HST's.

The mag does not fall out of the G43 if your hand is positioned in such a way to block it - which is very easy to do if you have larger hands.
    Props for using such a small pistol and making it work. I have a first gen Shield 9mm and though it's not overly difficult to shoot, changing mags and clearing malfunctions is a complete PIA. I've pretty much forced myself to carry a full size pistol, though it's often not easy or enjoyable.

I wonder of you could use something like a "Ulticlip" on a low profile IWB magazine holster so it clips securely to the waistband on your shorts and doesn't move, but gets the mag out of your pocket.

https://www.ulticlip.com/product/sli...v=7516fd43adaa

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    I just used my carry ammo. 147gr HST's.

Props for using such a small pistol and making it work. I have a first gen Shield 9mm and though it's not overly difficult to shoot, changing mags and clearing malfunctions is a complete PIA. I've pretty much forced myself to carry a full size pistol, though it's often not easy or enjoyable.

I wonder of you could use something like a "Ulticlip" on a low profile IWB magazine holster so it clips securely to the waistband on your shorts and doesn't move, but gets the mag out of your pocket.

https://www.ulticlip.com/product/sli...v=7516fd43adaa

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
    I like the neomag for that type of thing. I've used it in board shorts on vacation and gym shorts.

https://theneomag.com/shop-neomag/

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I’m proud of you boys running irons on this. I’m absolutely gonna cheat and use a dot.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast