Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Dicken Drill Thread

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Well done PB. Good shooting!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is a pretty hard drill. We shot it with a medium/compact 9mm, and it was challenging. I'd like to try it with my G22 with its target sights. Although the 40 is way snappier, I think I'd feel more confident with irons and a full size pistol.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Agree with the larger pistols being much easier to clean the Drill.
    It’s a quantum jump easier with optics for me as well.

I saw a vid yesterday that claimed the young stud used a Springfield Hellcat- which is a sorta clone of a P365.
    If he did, and it was with irons to boot, the stud quotient just doubled.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is a pretty hard drill. We shot it with a medium/compact 9mm, and it was challenging. I'd like to try it with my G22 with its target sights. Although the 40 is way snappier, I think I'd feel more confident with irons and a full size pistol.
    Mark , ( see my earlier post) I had us effed up thinking it was "A" zone hits only. I think we both passed first time out with a gun way out of sight. Hitting high and left. Yes we can do better but you did much better than we thought. We were like, fck, this is hard LOL.

P365 next week.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Staccato would make this drill a cake walk.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Agree with the larger pistols being much easier to clean the Drill.
    It’s a quantum jump easier with optics for me as well.

I saw a vid yesterday that claimed the young stud used a Springfield Hellcat- which is a sorta clone of a P365.
    If he did, and it was with irons to boot, the stud quotient just doubled.
    It is doable with the smaller guns as long as you have good trigger control. My buddy is a decent USPSA shooter and a way better shot than I. When watching me he always remarks on my habit of coming too far off the trigger on reset and which induces some slap. He got 8 or 9 out of 10, 50/50 alpha charlie with my 43 in around 10 seconds with a reload iirc.

If you stink it up, do what I did and pull out a suppressed carbine and make yourself feel better.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    If you stink it up, do what I did and pull out a suppressed carbine and make yourself feel better.
    Absolutely. Get some payback.

The pistol drill, however, isn't hard to complete in the time frame. It's just the A zone is so damned skinny, it's hard to keep them in there.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It is doable with the smaller guns as long as you have good trigger control. My buddy is a decent USPSA shooter and a way better shot than I. When watching me he always remarks on my habit of coming too far off the trigger on reset and which induces some slap. He got 8 or 9 out of 10, 50/50 alpha charlie with my 43 in around 10 seconds with a reload iirc.

I’ve cleaned it with my P365, but it has optics, and an aftermarket compensated barrel.
    I feel that’s legit since it’s what I carry this time of year. But yeah, it’s fairly simple with my Staccato range gun, plus I’ve done 50 yd strings during range sessions for years.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This drill definitely confirms that optics are the way forward for carry guns. Not that most of us didn’t know it already.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This drill definitely confirms that optics are the way forward for carry guns. Not that most of us didn’t know it already.
    I didn't gather that at all. I've shot the optics pretty good on various guns and made some longer shots with them too. But in this drill, I was really wanting my target irons for some reason.

I think maybe on a gun like the Staccato, I'd be more pro optic.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast