Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Load choices for AR SBRs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Coyotes that prey on, or harass livestock, chickens, cats, dogs, and with children outside- should be shot on sight.
    They‘re extremely intelligent, amazingly adaptable predators. If you smoke a few, they learn quickly to stay away.
    Coyotes need to eat too. Must be pretty cool though to shoot them. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Actually I’d prefer to NOT shoot them, but if it’s a choice of that, or having one of my Bird Dogs or Ranchers Calves killed and eaten, the Coyotes are Shit Out of Luck.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Coyotes that prey on, or harass livestock, chickens, cats, dogs, and with children outside- should be shot on sight.
    They‘re extremely intelligent, amazingly adaptable predators. If you smoke a few, they learn quickly to stay away.
    Coyotes lack a source of natural predation.

Choot 'em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Coyotes, Hogs, wild dogs... they all get the stick without mercy.

Shoot whatever load you have; shot placement will still be key, as will follow up shots.

I took 4 wild hogs with 6 shots & hits of MK318 SOST 62gr OTM from an 11.5" SBR (suppressed). The two that dropped from one shot were perfect hits in the shoulder / lung / heart area. The other two were on the move when shot, with one hit each in the extremities (one in the hip, the other grazed a hoof) and follow ups to the shoulder area dropping them. They weren't huge, but were all in the 80-100lb range. I imagine shooting any potential targets in the same manner would have similar terminal effects.

We tend to look for the perfect solution here, but if you have a solid / reliable load that prints accurately and you know your drops, I'd stick with that 9 times out of 10 before chasing the 'latest and greatest'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Coyotes are a very real and costly variable for a number of M4C members. While not a typical "home defense" problem, a legit one.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Coyotes, Hogs, wild dogs... they all get the stick without mercy.

Shoot whatever load you have; shot placement will still be key, as will follow up shots.

I took 4 wild hogs with 6 shots & hits of MK318 SOST 62gr OTM from an 11.5" SBR (suppressed). The two that dropped from one shot were perfect hits in the shoulder / lung / heart area. The other two were on the move when shot, with one hit each in the extremities (one in the hip, the other grazed a hoof) and follow ups to the shoulder area dropping them. They weren't huge, but were all in the 80-100lb range. I imagine shooting any potential targets in the same manner would have similar terminal effects.

We tend to look for the perfect solution here, but if you have a solid / reliable load that prints accurately and you know your drops, I'd stick with that 9 times out of 10 before chasing the 'latest and greatest'.
    Any hit on a coyote or wild dog will suffice. The others in the group will kill it.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567