Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone make a 40 cal / 10mm specific suppressor?

Feedback Score

Does anyone make a 40 cal / 10mm specific suppressor?

I’d like to get a caliber specific suppressor for my 40S&W & 10mm pistols. I don’t have any 45 ACP pistols, so a 45 suppressor seems like a waste given it would allow extra space around the flight path through the suppressor and it would likely be larger in diameter. However, I can’t find one. Does anyone make a 40cal / 10mm specific suppressor?
    Last edited by Bret; 07-25-22 at 13:33.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    so a 45 suppressor seems like a waste given it would allow extra space around the flight path through the suppressor and it would likely be larger in diameter.
    The additional bore size is a good thing in my experience because there's a little extra margin for error to prevent baffle strikes. I think we shot a 45 can on a 9mm, and to my surprise the additional bore diameter didn't translate into a noticeable difference in suppression.

A 45 cal can would have more versatility, but I understand if you want a caliber specific model.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The Silencerco Osprey used to be made in .40 but I believe it's discontinued.
    "An MP5 is great inside of a house, but first you have to get to the house." Kevin Owens

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I think we shot a 45 can on a 9mm, and to my surprise the additional bore diameter didn't translate into a noticeable difference in suppression.
    To the shooter, which is all most people need to be concerned with. Sometimes there is a difference to the shooter, other times, nil, as you experienced. With equivalent designs, there will be a difference at the muzzle, but it probably doesn’t matter. Most .45 cans are longer than their 9mm stablemates to mitigate that.

OP, I think YHM used to make a .40 can. Honestly, I’d probably follow MarkM’s advice.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got lucky and listened to someone on here years ago and got a .45 can instead of a 9mm. I use it on everything and it came with a FB Spacer for my PCC and an extra 16X1RH piston for the HK45T I just picked up. Sig SRD45 I think it is.

Feedback Score
    Get a .45 can with interchangeable front caps, then get the appropriately sized front cap, or have an undersized cap bored out. A caliber specific front cap helps with metering performance but .45 and .40 are so close I don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    A 45 can is ideal IMHO. I like the tad larger hole for a touch of gas to escape and I run a 45 can on multiple PCC guns in 9mm and they work just fine. So a .40 would work very well and if you ever get a .45 your GTG.

Hell, I run a 338 LM can on 300WM and 308, I feel the over bore is exaggerated as an issue. Especially if you have not shot a lot of suppressed weapons.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-03-22 at 14:01.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Well, I might have to get a 45 caliber can, but I was just hoping that someone would make a 40 caliber one. Given how many manufacturers there are and how many 40S&W/10mm pistols there are, you'd think that at least one manufacturer would make them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Well, I might have to get a 45 caliber can, but I was just hoping that someone would make a 40 caliber one. Given how many manufacturers there are and how many 40S&W/10mm pistols there are, you'd think that at least one manufacturer would make them.
    I've got a new in the box SWR GS40 that I'd sell.

Feedback Score
    I think Yankee Hill made their Cobra in .40 at one point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast