Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FNX45 Tactical Questions

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

FNX45 Tactical Questions

Looking at getting a 45 handgun that I can easily throw an RMR on and suppress.

This seems to check all the boxes but I’ve seen weird reviews. Flexible magwells. Horrible triggers. Not generally a fan of FN firearms unless it is belt fed.

Can anyone tell me if these are good to go?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They are enormous, even by 45 standards.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    That’s fine. I have huge hands.

Feedback Score
    I’d personally get an HK45T milled for an RMR, but that’s just me. I’m not a fan of FN pistols. That video of the one literally melting in regular sunlight turned me off to them permanently.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I’d personally get an HK45T milled for an RMR, but that’s just me. I’m not a fan of FN pistols. That video of the one literally melting in regular sunlight turned me off to them permanently.
    Ok I'll do this. I didn't know I can have an HK45T milled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Ok I'll do this. I didn't know I can have an HK45T milled.
    https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance...s-introduction

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a standard FNX45, and loved it. Only got rid of it when I replaced it with a P320-M17. It is big, and if you have baby hands like I do, you'll definitely have a handful, but it's doable.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I had the FNP45 and FNX45. Never had any issues after I got the right mags for the FNX45. I prefer shooting the HK45 but the FNX worked fine for me as a range toy. I didn't have a red dot because I had the pistols back when my eyes still worked. We did a pistol eval in 2008 for SWAT to get 45's. The HK45 was selected even though the FN had 14/15 round mags. The red dot is the key as you would have to get the HK milled. If you are okay with the FN's 2x4 grip then I say go for it. As for longevity FN seems to be about as interested in 45's as HK is. Good luck, David

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    This is true. I loved mine, but it was just too big for my hands to feel confident to carry and shoot under pressure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have bought an HK45T with a LEM trigger and will be sending it to these guys once I get some rounds through it and make sure it works appropriately.

Glad I didn't go with the FN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast